Is it possible to run 2 versions of itunes on one computer?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by Snoogans925, Jan 4, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Snoogans925

Hi there guys. Sorry if this has already been discussed or if this us in the wrong section, but I'm kind of a novice when it comes to forums and couldn't come up with any hits through my normal search mediums...

Anyways, my question is whether or not its possible to run two different versions of itunes on my macbook pro. The reason for this, is that my ipad2 is jailbroken in ios 5 and I don't want to lost my jailbreak.

So, if you know of a way to run 2 different versions of itunes or whether or not updating to itunes 11 will make me lose my jailbreak, your input would be much appreciated.

Thank you. :)

2. macrumors 6502

SingularityG

I think it's impossible to run two different versions of iTunes under OS X or Windows.

On the bright side, updating to iTunes 11 shouldn't mess up your jailbreak.;)

3. macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Get VMWare Fusion, it can run OS-X. Thus install OS-X in a virtual machine, install the old version of iTunes you want there. Then never update it.

Thus your primary machine has the most up to date iTunes and OS; and the virtual machine is the older version.