Is it possible to set up mac mail with yahoo?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JSmoove05, Jun 9, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

When I try to register my yahoo email account with mac mail it gives me option of .mac email pop imap and another. I have yahoo premium which has pop im trying to sig up my yahoo but its not working anyone know what iam doing wrong thanks.

2. Moderator emeritus

devilot

It looks like Yahoo is no longer accepting membership to their premium services but if I've understood your OP, you are already subscribed?

In that case, I did a search on Yahoo and found this info here:

So you'd want to go into mail.app, Mail> Preferences> Accounts> and click the little [+] icon and fill in the blanks. To start ya off, you'd first select a POP account, and then just keep goin'...

Picture 5.png

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

wow you are a life savior it worked!!! I wonder why yahoo isnt accepting any more premium members I hope they arent canceling there service. This is awesome thanks so much!!

4. macrumors 6502

funny i explained this exact same thing to someone yesterday at work

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

another noob question it took all my mail that I have saved in yahoo and is looking at it as new mail. How can i select all my mail and mark is at read mail instead of it saying new mail. Like on the dock on the bottom it says I have 3625 emails new when I have read all those emails already there just save in my yahoo. Thanks again in advance.

6. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Click on the first or last email, hold down the shift key, click on the last/first email, right click (or if not using a mouse, ctrl- left click) and in that little pop up menu select Mark> As read.

Picture 3.png

7. macrumors 6502

Or just hover the cursor over the mails and click :apple: -a (for "all"). Then mark them as Read.

Oh, and :apple: - clicking is the same as ctrl click in Windows (ie it will allow JUST what you're clicking to be highlighted, along with whatever else you've already clicked or :apple: - clicked).

8. macrumors newbie

just went through this, i kept getting rejected by Mail until i was logged out of my yahoo account. so if you're having trouble, this could be it.

9. macrumors newbie

Have the same problem to register yahoo email account w/ Mac mail

I already tried your solution and used it to register my yahoo email account on my Mac, but it keeps not working. The messages are always : "There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “Yahoo!” or try again." What sould I do?

10. macrumors newbie

i was just wondering if you change the pop. to imap. if your trying to set up an imap so it works easier if you travel a lot or use a laptop, im not quite sure on the differences of the two but i read that imap. supports maneuverability more so than pop. does.

thanks

11. macrumors newbie

os lion supports yahoo pop mail

os lion now supports pop mail without a yahoo+ account. just add your yahoo account in mac mail preferences