Is it possible to transfer music from a mac to an xbox 360??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stagecustom, Nov 6, 2006.

1. stagecustom macrumors regular

hey guys, i am getting my new xbox 360 hard drive this week (mostly to play San Andreas. YES) and i would love to transfer some music and photos or something to the xbox 360 hard drive, now how on earth would i do this, there is no firewire to firewire boot, would usb actually work? has anyone tried this, cause i know u can get music on the hard drive, but how with a mac?:confused:

2. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

I found out that you can do it by burning a cd, then putting it in the xbox 360 and ripping it to the HD? could i say burn an mp3 cd with alot of music then transfer it over? i only want like 300 songs on it, the ones that i would like to hear while playing PGR3 or nhl 07

thanks!

3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

If they are networked (You have xbox live) you can use Connect360 to stream your Photos and Music as you would with a Windows Media Center PeeCee. I use it and it works great.

I have connected my iPod via USB, but you can't transfer the songs and it does not read a data CD willed with MP3s. So you either have the option of streaming or burning many music CDs and ripping to the Hard Drive

4. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

okay, i have connect 360 and it isn't working through the ethernet cable, i have internet sharing working through it though. Looks like i will be burning a bunch of cd's then.

5. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Have you pressed the 'Start' button? (I did it, or rather didnt, not being funny)
    Do you have a firewall on? Turn it off and try.
    If your Mac is switched on (With the sound turned up) and you switch the 360 on (and let it goto the dashboard) do you hear the 'bing' sound?

6. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

hey, i have tried everything, what should it say under ethernet? in network-> system prefs with you, cause mine is yellow but live works on my xbox but the connect 360 doesn't see my xbox?