Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Oct 1, 2006.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I was wondering if I could get a Sidekick for text and all that and then a regular phone for more talking and international roaming and use the same line.

Is this possible?

2. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

My guess is no. :)

3. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Would you care to elaborate?

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Unless you can clone your SIM card you'd need to keep moving it around from phone to phone. Also, how would the system know which phone to send the call or text to?

You might be able to get the same effect by having all voice calls from the Sidekick forwarded to your other phone, but that would still require two contracts.

B

5. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Is there a problem with moving the SIM card? Would it work when I put it in? Doesn't it need to "get ready"?

Anyways, If I were to get, let's say a Sidekick and a RAZR, would they give me the instant discount on both or just one of them?

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You can't switch it mid call, but you can move it from phone to phone pretty readily say if you're going from doing a lot of texting to voice calls. You'll need to wait for the phone to turn on after replacing the SIM.

As for the discounts that's between you and your provider. Check for any group/employer discounts too. My wife's company has no contract deals with Cingular and Verizon, get the same deals that are offered with 2 year contracts without the commitment.

B