Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravinder08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Have a perfectly fine working 2010 i7 iMac running Snow Leopard
didn't upgrade to Lion, now considering upgrading to ML.
For those that have upgraded from SL to ML do you think it is really worth doing?

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Have a perfectly fine working 2010 i7 iMac running Snow Leopard
didn't upgrade to Lion, now considering upgrading to ML.
For those that have upgraded from SL to ML do you think it is really worth doing?

If the new additions aren't a must have for you I'd honestly wait until at least the first update or revision. Initial releases are almost always buggy (though this one isn't near what Lion was). Maybe you could partition your drive and try it out if you're feeling ambitious.

kingsrule5

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
The best reasons I can give for upgrading are notifications center, twitter integration, and using hiss to put growl notifications in notification center.

The text dictation is also kinda cool as well.

Other than that I wouldn't say anything knocks my socks off but at $19.99 to upgrade a smoother OS with a few cool features is really all I would expect. I think some of the stuff will take a few months to get going like Notification Center support, the iOS-OS X messages integration and maybe a few others.

it does seem more efficient than Lion so if you are disgruntled with that this may make your life a bit happier.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
you know what that's I'm thinking Snow Leopard has worked flawlessly for me with out a single problem. Think I'll stick with it for now.

File this thread away so you wont have to ask the same question after the next release of OSX.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
I like it so far.. is it radically different change? no.. but if you are bored , $20 is nice fun to go for... you blow that in couple can of beer these days at the bar..

I cannot think of any one feature I will use it all the time(air mirror? even though I have apple tv.. that's bleh... notification center? seriously?.. One place I don't want to get constantly interup is my imac and mba.. I have iphone for that..

Safari change came with the browser upgrade itself.

imessage? it's not even completed yet(in terms of unification and also the way it doesn't work well all the time yet).

But.. I like it.. I am finding myself installing over imac this morning .. doing it now(I did mba last night).

It just feels fresher and little bit more smooth.. you are apple fan.. go for it.. why not? At $20 bucks.. it's nice chagne(mine came w/ 2012 mba purchase)

Also, if SL has been working for you your computer is bit old but you don't care(NOthing wrong w/ that btw).. which means you should be fine.. This upgrade is for people who are looking to change their computer little bit for little price.

ravinder08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
I like it so far.. is it radically different change? no.. but if you are bored , $20 is nice fun to go for... you blow that in couple can of beer these days at the bar..

I cannot think of any one feature I will use it all the time(air mirror? even though I have apple tv.. that's bleh... notification center? seriously?.. One place I don't want to get constantly interup is my imac and mba.. I have iphone for that..

Safari change came with the browser upgrade itself.

imessage? it's not even completed yet(in terms of unification and also the way it doesn't work well all the time yet).

But.. I like it.. I am finding myself installing over imac this morning .. doing it now(I did mba last night).

It just feels fresher and little bit more smooth.. you are apple fan.. go for it.. why not? At $20 bucks.. it's nice chagne(mine came w/ 2012 mba purchase)

Also, if SL has been working for you your computer is bit old but you don't care(NOthing wrong w/ that btw).. which means you should be fine.. This upgrade is for people who are looking to change their computer little bit for little price.

Many Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.