Is it SAFE to buy "Rev A" Apple Product

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by pnz999, Feb 15, 2003.

1. pnz999 macrumors member

Is it SAFE to buy "Rev A" Apple Product?

It is just me or Apple have lousy Rev A product. I'm thinking of buying a 12" PB by being a Rev A, so far, there is a lot of people complaining about heat issue, "sticky" trackpad, a small gap when closed, and latch problem.

I also have a Dual 867 MDD, being also Rev A, one of the main problem is just too darn noisy and lound but I heard the Rev B, Apple just released fix the noise problem.

[but hey!, I know any computer company will always gonna get a defective product during the assembly line.. and there is a small major of people have such problems. but most of these problem often occurs in Rev A] I think Apple makes good quality product just cant stand if a laptop I bought start to fall apart!

Whats your opinion?

2. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: Is it SAFE to buy "Rev A" Apple Product

i have a tibook 1GHz... that's what, revision d or e on the titanium powerbook--granted, speed bumps and all, but still. they had issues with the fan were so bad some people had to send theirs in to get them fixed. mine was fine. i think that there are potential fluke problems with every revision, and i doubt that it significantly changes with later revisions. however, the wisest will always wait for reviews. if you have the patience, go for it. i grabbed my tibook right up. 2 1/2 months later, i read the macworld review. needless to say, it was good.

3. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

Re: "Rev A" Apple Product

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I got a rev A TiBook and it's still doing fine. Not a single hardware issue.

Although, I got it in October, right before the rev Bs came out and some of the intial bugs were worked out by then...

I'd say wait for a few weeks and see what initial issues come up and then see if it looks OK.