Is it something with vBulletin?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by idea_hamster, Jul 13, 2005.

1. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

When one clicks on a poster's name, a drop down menu appears where s/he can choose to see the poster's profile.

A propos to nothing, I noticed that while Safari's status bar indicates that the profile should be openned in a new browser window, it never is. Nor can it be opened in a new tab.

What's up with that?

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

it opens in another window for me on ff 1.0.4 for xp, and safari (latest panther version) what version of safari are you using?

3. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

It works fine for me in Safari on 10.2.x, 10.3.x and 10.4.x.

4. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Something happens to me. On my Mac no new window, on my PC new window.....:confused:

To tell you the truth, I don't think I ever noticed the "....in a new window" thing in the status bar. I always preferred no new window, although I guess the opposite is the correct way.

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Those links open in current tag for me, too. Status bar indicates new window or tab if I hold down the cmd key, but no matter what it just opens in the current tab (slightly annoying).

iBook G4, Mac OS X 10.4.2 (but it also behaved this way under 10.4.0 and .1), Safari 2.0.

6. idea_hamster thread starter macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

Running OS X 10.3.9 and Safari 1.3.

It may just not be supported.

I just thought that it was odd that Safari would recognize the link as one to be opened in a new window/tab, but not be able to do it.

No biggie. Just odd.

7. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Has always worked fine for me on my mini tiger.2.
    I'm a 'tab' browser and when i want to see a profile i right-click my M$-mouse (so you all can cmd-click ;)) and choose open in new tab. Loads fine, even without selecting 'view user profile' from the dropdown.

8. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Nice catch, and it works on the links in the drop-down menu, too. Just right/ctrl-click those and choose "Open Link In New Window/Tab" :)