Is it wise to buy an apple right now???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by CaptainCaveMann, Oct 19, 2004.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

ive read rumors of apple possibly leaving the personal computer market in the future possibly within the next two years so if this happens then what about everyone whos bought an apple what about tech support or upgrades if apple gos down as far as computers go does that mean all of our expensive computers become paper weights???????? :confused: here is one of the places i read about this...http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1589170,00.asp

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

They will not leave the computing market. Just buy your Mac. Plain and simple.

3. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Apple is as likely to leave the computer market as BMW is to stop making cars. Order a new iBook today!

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

That article is a poorly-argued opinion piece. Not even a rumour...

Any Mac you purchase will give you years of hassle-free computing.

5. earthtoandy macrumors 6502

thats the most ridiculous hub bub i have ever heard.

6. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

read the first word of the headline: OPINION. :rolleyes:

and a poor one at that, even.

7. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

yea screw the guy who wrote that i say we all send him hatemail.. haha

8. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Hahahahahaha! Oh my...Thanks for the laugh this morning CaptainCaveMan. I really needed it.

Do what you want. We are not Apple. We do not work for Apple. We just buy their products. So once again, do as you please.

9. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

thankyou i will do as i please as i have always done and i wont buy a 1500 dollar paperweight so ill just see how it fans out i looooooove apple computers i really do but i might go way of the larger crowd when purchasing my next laptop compatibilty is a major factor in my decision seems pc has apple beat in that but damn apple has a great new ibook for the price i dont think u can beat what apple is offering in their new ibook for the price and i love the fact that i wouldnt have to worry about viruses so much but on the other hand i own a custom mid tower pc that id like to be able to sync with my laptop so whooooooo knows the damn ibook give u so much bang for the buck i might almost buy that and a reg laptop try them both ... so heres my 10 cents 10c and my 2cents is free...

10. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

11. sarae macrumors 6502

I feel like I've lost intelligence by even reading such junk. If you buy into an article like that, you don't deserve a mac.

12. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

Ever heard of a PERIOD?

13. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Capitalization and punctuation are much appreciated. :)

14. earthtoandy macrumors 6502

yeah apple will focus on application development for the mac while they get rid of the only piece of hardware that will run said applications. logic flowing like the mississippi

15. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Apple has been leaving the computer market since 20 years... get the iBook, it could be the last one :rolleyes: :eek:

16. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

i didnt know punctuation and capitalization was so important in a sentence where we use cartoon faces to express human expressions so sorry boo hoo maybe i will try harder to write each post as though it is my final draft at school except with little add in cartoons

17. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

They are only important if you want to be courteous and enable people to comprehend what you're writing without having to re-read it a few times to make sense of it.
    "Cartoon face" added to make sure you knew I was merely offering friendly criticism and not wailing on you or trying to be abusive.

Sheesh!

18. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

in a medium such as an internet forum where everything that people are absorbing is via the written word its just good form and practice to write english as close to normal as one is able to do it also makes it a hell of a lot easier to read and grok personally I find it to be incredibly irritating to read a post such as this and feel stupider for having wasted my time after all this isnt some aol chat room where the rules of the english language are completely suspended as the idiocy rules the roost u grok wtf omg **** lol

19. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Ohh i see powermac. :) I will try and do more puncuation in my posts then, for you guys. I forget that when i write it i see the pauses and such but others might not. :D

20. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Yellow i dont know what a Grok is, but you better take that back. hahah

21. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

[​IMG]

Just seems fitting, not aimed at anyone, but this thread makes me larf! Ridiculous question, funny responses, and to top it off grammar lectures! :eek: :p

22. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Heh. Nice pic. I couldn't grammar my way out of a wet paper diphthong.

23. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Thank you. I'm old, so sometimes you gotta spell things out for me..."What....does....a....yellow....light....mean?" :D

24. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

One of my favorite books, that one. Makes me want to read it again.