is it worth the wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ivargas55, May 12, 2005.

1. ivargas55 macrumors newbie

:( HI Guys,
    I assume that you are all very tired of the same old questions, but hear me out before you judge me.
    I really want to buy an ibook. and I need to do so before the date of June 28th.
    I have some personal reason.
    Anyways i know everyone is saying that i should wait until the ibook is updated, but i really want your opinion on this.
    a) because i have never used a mac before
    b) because i would need my ibook for basic things like listening to music or accessing the internet
    c) i tend to use alot of applications at the same time.
    d) panther is out already
    e) i would purchase my ibook with added ram and space with a super drive.

If i dont use programs with too many graphics and i dont play very many games, is it worth it for me to wait?
    The only reason i might be holding out is because some websites say that the new ibooks will come in color or have widescreen.
    Those are basically the only 2 main reason that are preventing me from buying now.
    Also because i dont want to buy an ibook and realize that they have come out with a nicer looking one 1 month after i buy it.
    Should i wait or should i just buy my ibook and live with the white casing?

Thanks all
    I appreciate your feedback!

IV.

2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I'd wait until after WWDC (starts June 6th), and then make my purchase. Also you said you like ot use a lot of apps. Having more RAM is more important than processor for using a lot of apps. Also you might consider buying this rev. of iBooks after the new ones come out. The update might not be that significant, and the prices would make it worth getting an older rev.

Edit: I assume you want it by June 28th, as sometimes when new revs. come out the product takes forever to ship. You might want to keep that in mind.