Is iTunes influencing what users honestly like or what they ...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 12, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors regular

yep it has forced me to delete some embarrassing tracks

mostly early nineties grunge, mid nineties electronic, and late nineties techno movie soundtracks.

3. macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Considering I own a bit of everything, and I do mean everything, its not that big of a deal for me. Lets see I own: techno, trance, rock, R&B, rap, alternative, Vanilla Ice (I think he is a in a class of his own), reggae, soul, ethnic, I even have some Japanese rap (Nothing like listening to a bunch of guys rapping with kazoos to makes you laugh.), etc, etc. The only thing I don’t own and refuse to listen to is country. I’ve kicked someone out of my car for turning it to a country music station. Ughhh. That stuff hurts my brain.

4. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

You must obviously be referring to the "Boot Scoot" kind of country. The modern stuff which is just like Pop with a cowboy hat.

What about actual "country", such as Johnny Cash and good ol' Willie Nelson?

5. macrumors 6502

Actual country isnt that bad. Most country thats on the radio today is complete ****. Most "pop" music right now is **** as well. I like more electronic (trance, techno, house) and metal.

6. macrumors 6502

Mr.Hey

Ha, that was funny and all so true.

7. macrumors 68000

pivo6

I'm long enough out of college to worry what other think. That and my computer is stand alone keep me and my playlist away from others.

My playlist has a little of everything. What does that say? Confused.

8. macrumors 6502a

mrsebastian

you've got to be f#%king joking me!!!!! what get's me though, is the continued "negative" attitude of articles partaining to apple.

9. macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

lol
    that is one of the funniest things i could imagine ever happening. it would happen to me also:p

it's funny how true it is. when i got my iPod and people want to see what i have on there i had to start deleting some songs that i had on there.

i still kept "i feel pretty" though;)

10. macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

It's amazing how they predicted some of the playlist owners' personalities. Right now, I mostly listen to iTunes's techno and ambient stations.

11. macrumors 68020

howard

oh my god people are so stupid

people can listen to whatever the hell they want, and if they dont' feel like sharing on itunes they don't have to...if someone tried to judge me on the music i listen to i would do my best to never be in the same room as that person ever again

12. macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

still has mili vanilli in his library:p
    im just kidding around. another way around it is only sharing selected playlists.