Is Kensington Studio Mouse comfortable?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sigamy, Oct 3, 2003.

1. sigamy macrumors 65816

Mar 7, 2003
    NJ USA
    I need a wireless 2 button mouse with a scroll feature.

Anyone using the Kensington StudioMouse? Is it comfortable? Everyone raves about the M$ and Logitech mice--should I give up the nice styling of the Kensington for one of these?

Or does the StudioMouse provide just as much comfort?

2. smada macrumors member

May 7, 2003
    I just got a studio mouse 2 days ago, and am VERY pleased with it. Very comfortable in my opinion, the styling is great, the scroll pad and three buttons are a huge improvement over just one, and the charger cradle is very convenient. The only thing that i don't like about it is that it isn't bluetooth. But overall it's a great mouse.
  3. tazo macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2003
    Pacific Northwest, Seattle, WA actually
    I wholeheartedly recomment a wireless Microsoft mouse...very comfortable, good on batteries, and work very well :)
  4. Peyote macrumors 6502a

Apr 11, 2002
    I use a studio mouse, I've had mine for abut 6 months now and while its a great mouse, it's not THAT comfortable. I before used a Logitech that was a really good shape for your hand, but the kensington is pretty flatly shaped. It is a good size however, and it's not uncomfortable to use, it's just not a good shape for comfort. I'd give it a 5 on a 1-10 comfort scale. I use the mouse at least 4 hours per day. The scroller works really well through, and the sides have a nice grip to them.
  5. sigamy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 7, 2003
    NJ USA
    Thanks for the great review. I just ordered the Studio Mouse from They have a $20 mail in rebate so it will cost me about $48 with shipping. I'll give it a try and see if I like it.

I just can't put a Microsoft mouse with my beautiful iMac! It just doesn't seem right...
  6. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Jan 12, 2003
    Agreed :)