Is light leak a common problem on the top part of the screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by als88, Dec 26, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Ive already replaced 2 phones because of this issue, its small but noticeable on 50% brightness too.

2. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I haven't heard of many stories of light leaks so I don't think it's very common.

3. macrumors newbie

It's not a common issue. You should bring to apple store to get the new one. Looking at the screen with the lightleak is really uncomfortable.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

i just replaced my second phone today, they opened one next to me from a white box and it had the same problem as well as a nick on it! Im guessing it was new because apparently refurbished phones have better quality checks.

5. ATC
    macrumors 6502a

We got two iPhone fives, one white 16 and one black 32 and a black one had a noticeable light leak issue on top left corner.

It wasn't noticeable at first but when using Apps that didn't take up the full-screen or dark content movies you did see it for sure.

I called Apple and they sent me a replacement by mail through their express service. The new one that I just got has a perfect screen so it's a keeper. I'm sending them the old one back tomorrow. So at least from my little experience one out of three had this issue.

For what it's worth the replacement I got has a build week number of 44 which is November and the old one that I originally purchased (With light leak issue) was a week 48 which is December build.