Is Logitech MX 1000 compatible with OS X 10.4.4?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RPSFan, Jan 14, 2006.

1. RPSFan macrumors newbie

Is anyone using a Logitech MX 1000 mouse with OS X 10.4.4? I want to be sure that it is compatible (and that all features work) before purchasing. The Logitech website says that their Control Center software is compatible with OS X versions thru 10.4.2. I've already run into Kensington's software for their PilotMouse balking at the newest versions of OS X and want to avoid a similar situation. Thanks.

2. 748s macrumors 6502a

748s

yes.
    i'm using an mx 1000.
    it worked in 10.4.3 and still works in 10.4.4.
    all features work.
    the control centre, once installed, can be accessed from system preferences.

3. RPSFan thread starter macrumors newbie

4. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Best mouse I've ever used and will ever use. No problems with 10.4.4 here.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It works just fine on my Quicksilver 2002 and 10.4.4.

6. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Just so you know the Logitech S530 is due out in a few months and will really rock given those keyboard features.

7. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

Ever since I upgraded to 10.4 from 10.3 I can use the side to side clicking on the scroll button. Is there a fix for this?

allison.

8. RPSFan thread starter macrumors newbie

Logitech Support's response

My new mouse arrived yesterday. Both the mouse and the Logitech Control Center software are working perfectly but .........

Before my original post here, I had emailed Logitech to ask about compatibility with OS X 10.4.4. This morning, I received the following response:

Dear Rick,

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Pointing Devices.

I understand that you would like to use a Logitech Cordless Mouse on Macintosh operating system version 10.4.4.

Please note that the Logitech Control Center software will not work on Macintosh operating system version 10.4.4.

Does anyone have any idea why they would say this?

9. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

I think it's because whoever wrote that email has had too much crack. On a serious note - who writes like that? 'Pointing Devices' (!)

10. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

All works fine here, Dont worry about that message, it was probably written by someone who is clueless about macs.

11. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

How do you guys like the mx 1000? How long does the battery life last and is it not to big? from pictures it looks very large. I'm use to the smaller microsoft mouses (explorer 3.0). I just ordered a new gaming mouse by microsoft (Microsoft Laser 6000) from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5852122647. I would like to get a wireless one tho this is why I asked :) sorry for posting in someone elses thread, did not think I should open another one regarding this subject. :D

12. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

The battery life is great. My mouse is never turned off and only spends about 10mins in the charger each day and it stays at full charge. And although its large its very comfortable.

13. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

The MX1000 is taller than the Apple Keyboard, and wider than the number pad (mute, vol up, vol down, eject to 0, . and enter)

14. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

Thanks for the reply laser :) I might have to purchase one on ebay when a good deal is up for grabs!

15. twopenn'orth macrumors newbie

When I use the side to side scroll wheel on my MX1000, it scrolls the document/screen to the right as it should BUT when I move it to the left, I get a pop up window with different application icons (Internet Connect being one of them)?

Is something set up incorrectly i.e. system perference etc?

Thanks in advance

16. ripfrankwhite macrumors regular

ripfrankwhite

Logitech Control Centre doesn't work for me. I'm using the MX 1000 and I had to use SteerMouse to get it to work. But it is still a little jumpy. I wish it was a smooth as the apple mouse.

anyway, good luck. I'm getting irritated at mine.

17. ripfrankwhite macrumors regular

ripfrankwhite

Are you using LCC? If so, then just assign the left wheel click to left scroll. Easy. At least yours is working well. Mine sucks. I'm really getting irritated.