IS looks better than before?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DCBass, Dec 1, 2005.

1. DCBass macrumors 6502

Hey everyone,

My apologies for yet another thread on IS, but I thought I'd bring something up no one else has so far.

This page has largely been referenced for the IS:

http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2005/GearNGadgets/September2005/RDMGG_InvisibleShieldFirstLook.htm

However, rainyday did it all over again, this time with a newer IS. The results are definitely a little different:

http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2005/GearNGadgets/October2005/RDMGG_InvisibleShieldCutOut.htm

As you can see in the pics, and the mag even mentions it a ways down, the second IS is much clearer than the first (less ripples, or however you want to describe it)

So, are the people who've been getting the IS for the 5G getting a result simliar to the first link, or to that of the second link?

2. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

It's too difficult to tell from their pictures since it's all about the angle and lighting you see them at. I have a nano cutout and I can see the textures for sure...have had two...both with the same texture. Never got my hands on the first batch though so I can't really tell you if it is smoother or not. In any case...does it really matter? The fact is, there is texture and it does protect your ipod. Can't go wrong with it.

3. DCBass thread starter macrumors 6502

yea, it doesn't much matter to me i guess. i'm already committed to getting one i think.

I just thought it'd be interesting to discuss since some people seem to have a prob with the texture.

4. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I'll let you know soon enough. I just got my IS for the 5G today and will be picking up the iPod to go with it this weekend.

5. DCBass thread starter macrumors 6502

Rock on. Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Love the avatar by the way.

6. white bellied macrumors newbie

I fitted my IS on Tuesday night, the 5G arrived Tuesday morning.

From an oblique angle, you can see the different texture across the front of the machine, but looked at face on, it is invisible, assuming you do not have any bubbles/lint/etc I still have the back to cover, but am more concerned that the songs do not appear to play:mad: Photos ok, songs, no movement!!!

The IS is the biz!!

Doug

7. DCBass thread starter macrumors 6502