Is Marware a good brand?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sethypoo, Nov 28, 2004.

1. sethypoo macrumors 68000

I'm planning on buying my girlfriend a laptop case for her 15" PowerBook G4 for Christmas. She needs a case that's slim enough to fit in her backpack, but protective enough to keep her PowerBook from getting dented.

I've only found one company who makes such a case: Marware, Inc. (www.marware.com). My question is, does anyone have any experience with this company, or use their products? Are they worth it?

I'm getting the Marware Sportfolio, $29.99 plus $8.11 shipping. Thoughts?

Seth

2. sahnert macrumors 6502

I have the sportfolio sleeve for my 12" pb and it's great. Protects well and is nice and slim so I can slide it right into my backpack. Sometimes I wish I would have gotten the one with the handle on it, but I think I like it without because of how nice it works with the backpack. I couldn't find a better price for what I was looking for, and I'm happy with my purchase.
    If you have any other specific questions let me know.

3. sahnert macrumors 6502

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

iPod Case

I've had two cases from Marware for a regular iPod and for an iPod Mini, and I think they are very good. The cases really protect the iPod well. Ive dropped my iPod several times while in the case, and there has been no scratches or anything.

As for the sportfolio, I was strongly considering getting one. It looks to be made out of the same material as the iPod cases, which is good. The price is not bad either. This should fit you needs very well.

5. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I also have a Marware case for my original iPod, and the thing has withstood 2 years of constant use and hardly shows it. Who knows, it may outlast my iPod. ;)

6. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Yes.

I have the Marware Sportfolio for my 15" PB, and it rocks. My only issues with it are thickness -- it is a LOT thicker than it seems -- and the rubbery skid-proof deal on the outside of the case. When I pull the Sportfolio out of my bag, the rubber sometimes "grabs" other things in the bag, and it becomes difficult to pull it out. I think the bag is really intended to be carried on its own, but whatever ... it's really good, much better than those "cases" made out of thin neoprene.

7. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I dont own anything from marware, but my father has a marware sportsuit convertible for his ipod and it looks great. Very good build quality.

8. suneun macrumors member

I have a marware bag for my 12" ibook. Mine has a handle. It's great. I wanted something small, but still had a few useful pockets. I usually travel with the power supply and maybe a few papers. I agree that the rubber would catch when you try to put it inside another bag.

The only downside is part of the swivel squeaks for me and I haven't come up with a fix. It's not an actual rotating part where I could use oil, it's the metal grinding on metal of the hook.

It bounces a little when you walk with it on your shoulder because of the rubbery stuff. This feels a little odd but I'm used to it at this point.

9. srphoto macrumors member

10. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I love my PowerSleevz, too, but I don't think it offers the dent/shock protection the poster is seeking. The PowerSleevz is really just something to prevent surface marking. I use mine as added protection in the protective sleeve that came with my Brenthaven backpack, and also to preserve the casing of the PB when I leave it on a table at home. I wouldn't trust just the PowerSleevz to keep my PB safe if I used it alone in my backpack.

11. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks.....I take it your first name is Seth too?

Also, thank you to everyone who posted. I think I am going to go ahead and get the Marware Sportfolio for my girlfriend. Again, thanks!

12. sahnert macrumors 6502

It's true.
    Seths of the world unite!