is a good dealer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by andiwm2003, Jul 18, 2005.

1. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

Mar 29, 2004
    Boston, MA
    hi, sells fully loaded Dual G5 2.5GHz for $2899.

They state "Apple PowerMac G5 Dual Processor 2.5GHz, 4GB, 250GB, SuperDrive
    GeForce 6800 UL Video Card for $2899"

but in the description they bring a load of BS why the PM is so fast and then they say:
    L2 cache 512K
    Frontside bus 600 MHz :eek:
    8X AGP Pro graphics w/ Radeon 9600XT Video Card with 256MB DDR Memory :eek:
    Three open full-length 33MHz, 64-bit PCI slots :eek:
    One FireWire 800 port, two FireWire 400 ports (one on front); three USB 2.0 ports (one on front), two USB 1.1 ports (on keyboard); AGP 8X Pro slot with graphics card installed, including ADC connector and DVI connector

so whats the deal? is that a good company with a bad website or is the deal bad?

BTW: is the GeForce 6800 UL Video Card the same they sell now just without the support for the 30" screen?
  2. japasneezemonk macrumors 6502

Jun 13, 2005
    I live a couple of miles from this store and i was not very impressed when i walked in. their website is just as bad. It was so small and disorganized you have to jump boxes just to look around. I purchased some JBL Creature speakers from them about a year ago, and i have not had any problems with them, so i guess it was a relatively good buying experience. However, keep in mind that this shoe box sized store is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Not the most Mac friendly area.