Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hi
Used to be a mobileme member, and then switched to google. However been thinking about going back to mobileme, to see if its still worth it. I mean yes I did like the .me email address option and did like the syncing of my safari bookmarks, and calander and contacts etc. I know I have google sync for them features now. However I am getting sick of the ads now on google. I mean yes its not that bad and yes its free. But I dont know

am confused. has anyone else had mobileme and then went to google and then came back to mobileme? if so why? I mean do you think mobileme prices are going to drop soon, due to the launch of the mobileme cloud etc?

Any ideas or suggestions be appreciated.

Thanks

discounteggroll

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I use it because it's convenient and I have a client who let me take 2 of the remaining 3 accounts from the family plan for free. If you can get 4 other people in on a family plan I'd say go for it. $30/year for each of you would make MM worth it, but I wouldn't spend $100/yr otherwise

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
MobileMe cost $0.22 a day to use (if you fine it for $80) I've been using it since it was called .Mac. The program has really evolved. I can do a quick store of files and software on iDisk. Sending files to clients/friends is easy.

Mail - multi user names. smart boxes. spam filter are great

ical - before IOS4.3 I was digging how I could sync all my Macs and iPhone.s

iWeb - even if you don't use the website layout, you could post your resume there.

Gallery - cool to share photos privately with friends/family. Also huge video files.

If you change your search engine to Yahoo, you will get less google ads. Or just ignore them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.