Is my 20" iMac stuck in Customs?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by quagmire, Jul 15, 2005.

1. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I ordered a 20" iMac G5. Right now it is in Indianapolis, IN. Fedex says this,

What does that mean? Is my iMac stuck in Customs since it came from Singapore China?

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Not 100% sure, but it sounds like it might be. Did you contact Fedex to see if they could verify whether this is the case or not?

3. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

based on previous similar threads...yes, and you can thank Osama Bin Laden for it

4. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

5. aviationwiz macrumors regular

That means it's been released from customs...

At any rate, Bin Laden has little to do with anything for a small shipment like this, it's pretty easy to tell what it is, especially since I'd say Apple Computer Corporation doesn't regularly lie on customs declerations, breaking federal law.

It's the financial responsibilities of who would pay the duty, etc. is what would keep it held up.

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Nice pics & an even nicer Mac - congratulations. Glad to hear that it finally left customs and arrived at your home. Enjoy.

7. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

Interestingly enough, Apples supply chain really has it's ducks in a row when it comes to international shipments.

They basically import the products into the US and Canada by the pallet/container and they clear customs as a 'single' import. Once the mass-import clears customs, Fedex breaks down that pallet to the individual case/unit and they each go to their unique delivery point. Most of the time the products never even touch a domestic Apple distribution center.

Even better - the end customer never has to worry about the customs or brokerage - Apples on the ball.

Pretty cool... then again I'm a supply chain geek... :cool:

8. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Dude! Nice mac! It looks like you got bluetooth KB and mouse? rock on! (looking at all the AAs that came with it)