Is my external iSight broken? (Skype)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sharky II, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Sharky II macrumors 6502

Sharky II

Hi there

I use skype a lot - i have skype in and skype out, and also use it for video chats to other computers. I have an external iSight, powerbook G4 1.25GHz, 1GB ram, 10.4.8.

Anyway, basically, the isight will just stop working after a little while, in skype. I'll have to unplug it then plug it back in, and it will resume for a while. Sometimes this happens after an hour and 20 mins, sometimes after 5 mins. Happens both when doing video, and also when just using the mic in the isight (it's better than the built in mic).

Does anyone else get this? It's really infuriating. It's basically made my isight useless. If i use the built in mic, i think it works fine. But then the listener hears my trackpad clicks and typing, very loudly.

Because of the network here i can't use ichat for video and audio so i can't test it with that.

Thanks guys

Edd

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

3. Sharky II thread starter macrumors 6502

Sharky II

Alas no. I'm out here in the middle of nowhere with the isight as my link to the rest of the world.

Is this a Skype beta bug, or do other people get this too?

Thanks!

4. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Its difficult to tell, but methinks you have a problem with the Skype software. You might want to report the bug to the Skype people in hopes that they will repair it.