is MY IBOOK a lemon???

Discussion in 'Games' started by iBOOKnewbie, Dec 1, 2004.

1. iBOOKnewbie macrumors newbie

Just bought my IBOOK yesterday. 1.33GHz upgraded to 1.25GB RAM........Tried to load SIM city 4....the screen froze after sometime..... had to resort to the on/off switch to reboot and reload.... the same thing happens after a few minutes..... not at the same site/page though..... what could be wrong?? I rather the SIM CITY 4 that is the lemon and not my new iBOOK>>>>>>>> Boooohoo hoo :mad: :eek:

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Have you downloaded the patch? If not, you can get it here.

I had some similar problems running the software but the patch sorted them out – hopefully it will do the same for your iBook!

3. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Is anything else going wrong on the computer, or is it just that game? Does the game work on other compatible machines? Have you checked any settings that could be stopping the program from running? Just some things to consider.

4. iBOOKnewbie thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, just the one program....... I never tried the simcity on other 'puter, coz I have just got the only one iBOOK.... am a new MAC convert!!!! All MAC witnesses welcome to let me know I got the right machine!!

5. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

Calm down. Download the update, then tell us what happens, if it is just that program, then you coo', if it is more than just that program, repair permissions. I think it is the game though.

6. iBOOKnewbie thread starter macrumors newbie

The patch........... looked for it but only found the exe. file.......has anyone found the exact URL addie for the MAC version of the simcity4 patch?????..........

7. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Umm... try clicking the link in the first reply, then go to "Support". It's there.

8. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Indeed it is – article 1173 on the Support page (Patch: SimCity 4 version 1.0.2).

Give it a whirl and let us know if it works! :)