Is my PB battery ok?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mariahlullaby, May 10, 2005.

1. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2005
    I have had my 12" PB for 3 days now :D I keep it plugged in on my desk while running, except at night when it's off because the light bothers me. However, I've noticed the battery meter at the top never indicates that it's fully charged, even while plugged in (i.e. now it says it's 98% charged). Is this normal? Should I try letting it run until it sleeps and then recharging the battery?

Oh, on a side note, I just created a DVD of my cousin's wedding on iMovie, polished it and burned it on iDVD -- SO MUCH BETTER than Windows Movie Maker (which froze every 9 seconds on twice the RAM and nothing else open; I had tons of things open while doing this). It only took about 2 hours to do the movie, and I think it turned out MUCH better than it would have on my PC...I love the software so much! I'm no video editor (this is my seconds video EVER, the first one on my PC) and I think it turned out OK. I love this PB!!! (and I love the 12" screen more than my 15" laptop on my PC!)
  2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    sometimes it doesn't load all the way so the battery doesn't go through recharge cycles it doesn't really need to. This is to prolong the life of the battery.

Also, apple reccomends discharging it fully once a month. They say don't leave it plugged in all the time.

Have fun with your new PB!