Is Nintendo custumer service really that good?!

Discussion in 'Games' started by twistedlegato, Feb 14, 2007.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

Jun 15, 2006

Does Nintendo really have that great custumer service?

I linked you to the digg one because after reading that article i was like, Thats probably once in a life time! But alot of people are sharing the AWASOME custumer service stories from nintendo on there!

People are saying that they are replacing there products for free even after their warrenty has expired!
    People have gotten new game disks for Wii sports even after the explained it was their fault that they scratched it up!
    People get brand new DS lites for free with one dead pixel?

All those nice stories make me want my Wii to break!
    Maybe they can send me a plane ticket to Redmond (while im there i will stick apple stickers on people's cars at Microsoft):D :D
  2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2006
    Nintendo's customer service is really good. The hinge on my DS Lite snapped, from what the customer service lady was "too forceful closing". Anyway, I shipped the DS Lite off to Nintendo and got a brand new one back in less than a week. No hassle and quick return. That's good in my book.
  3. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    They are very good. You get your DS Lite replaced even if you have a single dead pixel. Hell, my first DS Lites buttons were just *slightly* hard to press and they sent me a new one.

Which they should do. A product breaks - they should fix it or replace it. I've invested my money and these companies should go through hell to make sure they don't break in 2007.
  4. furious macrumors 65816

Aug 7, 2006
    It is funny how Nintendo have always made higher profits percentage wise than M$ and $ony. Yet they do this. We all know how much good customer service costs. A lot of dollars. So it shows how much good customer service pays. :cool:
  5. darkwing macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    It shows how much cheap hardware pays. ;)

But yeah Nintendo has good customer service. I've actually never had a problem with any of my Nintendo hardware except for major dead pixels on 2 ds lites, but the store exchangd them. However, I have heard good things.

What are the chances they send you refurbished/repaired units though, just cleaned up to look like new? If they're going to take a DS Lite back for hard to press buttons you'd think they would repair it and resell it.
  6. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    I've had the pixel problem...first it was some dust(or something) then a stuck pixel...each time the shipped me a label, I shipped it to them and I got a new DS lite!
  7. e²Studios macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    I would say it is, i cut and paste this from another thread it was in.

The hinge on my DS Lite cracked somehow, i called Nintendo today and they are sending me out a shipping label. The guy said they would either fix or replace it.

He said usually physical damage isn't covered but since i had a July 06 run i may have gotten a unit from a batch that had known structural issues in the hinge so he agreed to process it as a warranty claim.

Nintendo was quite nice to deal with from a CS stance, and as a bonus I could understand them too. Nintendo doesn't offshore their support

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    Thank god. Foreign call staff are the worst.

"Hello is my name is Rajidalubakahn, how may I you help?."

It's not the foreigners fault, but having a customer support that struggle to understand what you are saying only antagonises the customer who if they are ringing customer support are likely not to be in the best mood in the first place.
  9. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2002
    What's worse is when you get cold-calls from overseas call centres trying to sell you a new phone contract, and they start by saying (in a heavily accented voice) "hello, my name is Dave Smith".

No, your name may be many things, but it is not Dave Smith.
  10. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Dec 7, 2006
    São Paulo
    hope it is bicause im going to have to call them about some thing...
  11. kjr39 macrumors 6502

Nov 26, 2004
    A friend of mine finally got his Wii last Sunday at Target. He gets it home and there's a rattle inside. It starts up fine and he can hit the main menu, but when he tries to play a game, it will not read the Zelda or Wii Sports disks.

Sunday evening he calls up Nintendo and tells them what happened. Monday morning, he has a tracking order for his brand new Wii. Yesterday, he got his new Wii.

Couple of things that made me mighty impressed:

1. There was someone there on a Sunday night to answer the phone.
    2. They didn't just tell him to take it back to the store and get another one.
    3. They shipped him his new one without him having to ship the broken one first.

All in all, pretty damn good customer service. Nintendo made a fan in me with this one...
  12. darkwing macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    If you think their call staff is bad, you should see the software they develop! Now that's comedy.