Is Palestinian terror caused by a genetic defect?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Feb 25, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=397851&sw=genetic+defect

Suddenly, it all makes perfect sense

:)

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

one needs only to examine craniums to figure that out

/sarcasm

3. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

In answer to Deputy Defense Minister Boim's question - it is almost sixty years of Israeli occupation with no respect for basic rights of self-determination that lead to such desperate acts. What was Begin's reason for the bombing of the King David Hotel? In many movements of people for freedom there are those that make the terrible choice to use the horrible methods of terrorism to gain legitimate ends. It is not just a question of fighting those on both sides of the Israeli/Palestinian divide who engage in terror, it is also a question of respect for each other's humanity and fundamental rights. The Minister would do well to learn that instead engaging in rhetorical flights of racism.

4. Desertrat macrumors newbie

"it is almost sixty years of Israeli occupation with no respect for basic rights of self-determination that lead to such desperate acts."

Well, damn that nasty old United Nations for perpetrating such a horror!

:D, 'Rat

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Under a certain amount of pressure from the victors of WW2 I believe ;)

6. wwworry macrumors regular

The UN called for in 1947 the creation of a Palestinian state along with the creation of Israel. In 1948 the zionists, a stateless army that used unconventional means of warfare (hmmm... another word for this is???) redrew the UN map.
    You can see the map at the Isrqeli Minister of Foreign Affairs website:
    http://www.mfa.gov.il/mfa/go.asp?MFAH0ock0

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I think you all are wrong, its those 17 virgins waiting on the otherside it aint no defect. They do seem to want to blow up things instead of just making a deal with Israel and getting on with life. its become a way of life for them.
    That Map was crazy take a look at it, It wasnt made for Israel it was made for the other guys. How many times have they been attacked by the crazy Muslims? Stop the crazy suicides and make a deal but as long as you are making war on a daily basis you aint getting crap. They dont want to stop the murders,just like Bin Laden, just like Saddam. whats up with this race of murderers?
    I bet France is all tickled that Muslims will be a majority in that country in about 40 years.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

They are Palestinians, and they aren't a race of murderers any more than Christians are. Or Israelis for that matter.

How can you condemn an entire race for the activities of a few? Would you like the white race defined by the Klan? Would you accept anyone who defined Americans by the actions of Tim McVeigh or Paul Hill?

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Suicide is a way of life??? LOL

10. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Actually the Arabs refused the partition plan, they wanted all or nothing.

11. JamesDPS macrumors regular

I agree with mactastic (now, and most of the time). Generalizations of any kind are usually unfair (notice the inherent irony of that statement). Seriously, though, it is easy to see either side of the argument if you're objective about it; after all, "one man's freedom fighter is another's terrorist". (Someone tell me who first coined that expression). However, I have to sympathize with Israel, if for no reason other than it is basically the only Jewish state in the world, and they are surrounded by millions who wish them dead. It is understandable that they're pretty tough when it comes to protecting themselves and their national interests. Of course, they arguably terrorize the Palestinians by rolling tanks through their towns (which are usually attacked with rocks - Einstein's "weapon of WW4"). But I have a hard time buying that they actively try to kill civilians in the way that Palestinian suicide-bombers do, and in the end, that is probably the only way to distinguish between terrorism and conventional warfare.

Any opinions from any natives of the area (Israel or Palestine) would be very informative.

12. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

'Rat,

regardless if one agrees with the original partition or if one blames the Palestinians and other Arabs totally for the war in '48, the fact remains that Palestinian national rights have been ignored at best and trampled on at worst since that time. I would invite you to look at the tactics used to disperse the Palestinian population, including the massacre at Deir Yassin, as well as the denial of basic rights of Palestinian by military authorities inside of Israel for decades following, plus the occupation of the West Bank and Gaza since '67, and then tell me that it isn't a recipe for desperate acts of a desperate people.

The point of all of this is that it is outrageous for the Deputy Defense Minister to blame "genetics" or "culture" or "Islam" for terrorism when the breeding ground for it has been made by Isreali policy. Condemn the acts - absolutely! But if you want it to stop there must be hope for the Palestinians to have what we all expect - freedom to control their future. Until Isreal is prepared to move on that issue nothing will be solved.

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Yeah, what's up with those damn n******, anyway? Oh, wait, were you talking about the spics? No? Who then?

(PS you're a racist.)

14. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

Is anyone aware that the Middle east has been under foreign occupation of one kind or another for over 2,000 years, and that the people of that region have not known of a single generation of peace in all that time. After awhile suicide is like you and I getting our drivers license. Its a part of their culture, they don't know what peace is and sure as hell are tired of every other nation in this world trying to tell them what to do or say.
    Also did you know (and I'm pretty sure of this one) that Islam is the only religious order in this world that does not tolerate the existence of other religions.
    Damn I almost sound like I'm on their side:>( please don't get me wrong I would just as soon nuke the bastards responsible for 9/11 as look at them, I'm just tired of all the political shuffling and hand slapping. let's do what they should do in LA; give em all guns and wait for them to kill each other. then go in and shot the ones left because they're probably the ones with blood on their hands.

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wow, you really must know your Middle Eastern history. I bet you've studied the Palestinian culture culture extensively, and could teach a course in it. [/sarcasm]

16. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Sparky,

if you want to actually know something about the subject you are spouting off about I would suggest some more reading. Try this:

MERIP

Before you start talking about "nuke' in" people you ought to find out something about them.

17. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

they still do its not a two way street for them its their way or nothing, well they choose nothing and thats what they got.

18. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Dont Hurt Me,

maybe you should read the MERIP report as well. It would broaden your information about a people you are sure deserve no rights.

19. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

IMO, the basis for the problems in Palestine/Israel is not religion but culture. Muslims historically regarded Jews more highly than they did Christians. Then when the Zionists started moving into the neighborhood from Europe and the US and treated the Palestinians like so much doggy doo doo, that's when the troubles started. In other words, a bunch of Euro/Americans and their respective culture are to blame for the problems more than religion or genetics. South Africa is a prime example of this.

20. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG! What ignorance. I can't believe I wasted time reading that! :mad:

Isn't racism a bad name on its own? :confused: :rolleyes: