Is Pirates of Silicon Valley Coming to DVD?

Discussion in 'Community' started by iJon, Dec 5, 2002.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I just had a question. I am wanting to buy Pirates of Silcon Valley. But I hate buying VHS tapes. Does anyone one know if anyone plans to convert this to DVD. And I mean an official release, please dont recommend to me to hook my vcr to my mac and convert it quickime or some weird thing like that. if any one knows please let me know.

iJon

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I am not sure, but I was just wondering if that movie was accurate?

Did they change events just to make that movie watchable, or
    was it accurate?

3. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

from what ive been told from my parents who have been in the apple business for over 17 years said that it was pretty accurate. im sure little things here and there were changed but i think all of it was true.

iJon

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

as far as accuracy goes, Woz has always maintained that it's fairly accurate, just minor details confused...

http://www.woz.org/letters/pirates/index.html

and dvd... i'm sure it will be resold eventually, there are other movies TNT will want to release first, i'm sure... for a while it might be one of those things to keep a legacy VCR around for :)

pnw

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I was just bumming around Woz.org, and i found a letter from a foreigner that didn't know what Pirates was, and Woz offered to send him a DVD of it-- so at very least, Woz has DVDs of it. You might try looking around his website to see if he sells it, or contact his people to see if you can buy one--

:)
    pnw

6. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

but the movie put a negative spin on everybody but the woz

but of the four main characters of the movie, the woz was the only real "employable" techie while the others were merely dabblers by comparison

in my networking class i teach for adult students, one of my students used to belong to the homebrew club that woz was in and he really respected him for his abilities