Is Price Matching Policy new?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jsw, Oct 19, 2004.

1. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Sorry if this is old news, but I'm just coming off of muscle relaxants (back spasms, now better) which have kept me in a fog for weeks. Is Apple's Price Matching Policy new, or have I just not noticed it before?

I think this is wonderful - it might save me up to $5 on my next Mac!

Attached Files:

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I noticed this for the first time yesterday afternoon. I think it is new.

3. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I just noticed it today when I went to check out the new iBooks. I'm pretty sure it's new. But it really isn't that big of a deal. Have you ever seen Apple products sold anywhere for cheaper than what the Apple Store sells them for?

4. jsw thread starter Moderator emeritus

jsw

That's why I joked about getting $5 off my next one (it includes valid internet prices). The biggest difference I've seen is about that much....

5. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

in the uk, i have found a shop that sells applecare for about 15% less than apple, i haven't checked whether they do the price matching thing here yet but this could make it easier when it comes to buying everything at once.

6. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

I know that CompUSA will often sell AppleCare for large discounts (50%+), but I don't know if thats only with CPU purchase or stand-alone...

7. umgolfer macrumors regular

It's new, but its been up there for about a week or so. I've noticed it on the EDU part of the site there (figure that one out...).