Is Sheryl Crowe unhappy?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by JesseJames, Oct 30, 2005.

1. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

I saw Saturday Night Live last night and Lance Armstrong was hosting and his girl Shery Crowe was musical guest.
    At the end of a song I noticed that Sheryl had this annoyed look on her face. I couldn't place it, but she looked like she wanted to say something but couldn't.
    Is celebrity making her jaded? Is she tired of life on the road as a traveling musician?

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Dunno. Maybe she's just tired of people analyzing her every facial expression at each concert. ;)

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Musicians are trained to look happy and appear energetic even though they may be pissed off or tired. That's called professionalism. However, you do get the odd few like Bjork and Elton John who fly off the handle. Too bad really. I guess American culture treats their celebrities like trash, and at the same time as demi-gods. (no offense to select MR members :p)

4. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

somebody is bound to come to this thread and say 'does anyone care'..i can just *feel* it

i'm no expert..but she's hardly new to being a celebrity. maybe she was just tired or pissed off. (who knows..she does work for dell ya know! hehe)

5. khammack macrumors regular

It could be one of a hundred reasons, probably innocuous. Maybe she missed a note. She's an actual musician, not a 17 year old lip syncing corporate stooge. She's bound to care about the quality of her performance.

Maybe it was something she ate.

-kev

6. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Who cares about her? Its Lance we're all interested in!

7. Kobushi macrumors 6502a

Kobushi

Allow me....

Perhaps she was sensing all the negative vibes I was sending her since I really can't stand her music. I find her music to be too bubbly, repetitious, and soulless. Of course, I can only base this opinion on her overplayed, popular songs as I've never been motivated to listen to the rest of her catalogue.

Note: My opinion may be slightly jaded due to the fact that I was subjected to her incessantly via dmx at work for 12 hours/day.

8. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

I think she is still bummed about not getting with Axl Rose during 2002 VMAs.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I don't think she was feeling well. She seemed kinda tired and her voice was raspier than usual when she was talking. It was pretty late at night. Maybe she's pregnant. :p

10. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

That possibility, plus being with the world's top cyclist, should give Sheryl plenty to crow about.

11. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Perhaps she finally confronted herself over the degree to which she sucks.

Or perhaps she finally confronted herself over the inane ratio of her salary to her talent.

Perhaps she just finished reading the uber piracy thread and realized that one needs intellect to have intellectual property.

Perhaps Lance forgot to dope her blood before the show.

God I hate celebrity. :(

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Maybe he doesn't have the stamina he should in bed, or alternatively he has too much. ;)

13. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Not feeling a lot of love here :eek:

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

14. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

His stamina is probably about average. It's probably stunted by his only having one cajone, but extended by his incredible V02 max. I say go lance.

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

She may have just been having an off day. Maybe nothing to worry about at all.

16. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

God. What is the deal with women and white sunglasses? Every woman who considers themselves fashionable/trendy seems to be wearing white sunglasses.

17. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I think Sheryl Crow is the hottest over-40-year-old this side of Geena Davis. Her boyfriend is an arrogant pill-popper, though.

18. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Now we are starting to get a little love, at least for Sheryl

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

19. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I don't think she's been on the road all that much lately, unless you count the Tour de France.

But who knows, she could have been mad about an issue with the sound/mics/guitar that you didn't notice.

I also think Sheryl Crowe looks incredible for her age...not really a fan of her music though...

20. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

She was angry from something Lance said before the bit, and she also had a problem with him having more interest in the audience and cast and not with her. Earlier that day she want to a salon, but didn't realize that SNL has a crack makeup team. She told Lance and Lance said don't worry about it, we're rich. She wanted a refund. So Lance went to the salon and had his nails done. This pissed her off... THEN when it came time for the show there wasn't anything to drink, and neither had anything for a bit, and they were horse. Someone offered a Fresca but who the hell drinks THAT? Anyway Lorne came down and said enough is enough, offered them a nice can of generic cola and a few Junior Mints.

21. deanwaterman macrumors regular

The only pill he should pop is you.

22. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

There has been no definitive proof

23. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

If it makes her happy..... it can't be that bah-ah-ahhhhhhh-addd

If it makes her happ-y....then why the hell is she so sad

// I actually like that song
    // otherwise I have no use for ol' Cheryl-- backup singer talent + good looks = frontline singer these days

24. deanbo macrumors regular

Sheryl Crow Is Sad

Maybe she's not getting enough action. (I've been told that marriage is the end of you sex life).

Attached Files: