Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I've got one Sirius channel on my Sprint phone and it was pleasant but there was no DJ and it seemed to turn good music into elevator music. I like radio because someone is on there keeping things going.

Of course, they have other, more interesting channels that I couldn't hear but unless you're looking for some specific content, I'd say you're better off with your iPod.

Lukeinnj

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2006
New Brunswick, NJ
In short: Yes. Ive got both a 5G iPod and Sirius. For long drives (and short ones) Sirius always keeps me entertained. I never was a fan of Howard Stern, but I find myself listening to him a lot. The stations are great and do have DJs (at least all the ones I've heard. I've had it for two years and its been wonderful. It won't replace the iPod for your own music (I use mine at the office all the time) but it does a great job of keeping the car rides entertaining and letting me hear newer music I wouldnt otherwise hear. I'd say go for it.

kjr39

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2004
Yes. I enjoy Sirius quite a bit.

I had XM free for 3 months and thought it was junk.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
Worth every penny. I could never ever ever go back to regular radio. I honestly can't see how anyone can listen to fm with the constant barrage of commercials every 10min.

I've had xm also and sirius is much, much better. Xm plays way to much obscure music. Their idea of "deeper playlists" seems to be b-sides from bands you've never heard of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.