Is someone willing to donate me a domain?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by tominated, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

As some of you know, i have made tominated browser and have a websit for it (tominatedsoftware.pxlart.com). i am a broke right now and would like to know if anybody will let me have a free domain. I have tried some free domain sites, but i don't want to give out personal details and i dont have a credit card to do the free trial things. So if someone can please let me have a spare domain just so my website and app can get a bit more well known. Oh, and if it helps, I recently finished treatment for a Supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal brain tumor (it's true!). One last thing...

...Pretty Please with a cherry on top?

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

You can get a domain for under $10 a year. I think you can scrounge up something.

3. tominated thread starter macrumors 68000

tominated

that is another problem. i am 13, and my parents don't trust those sorts of things. i'll beg my dad for one

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

On the other hand, you could use Sourceforge to host if you are keeping the application open source. check http://sourceforge.net

5. Analog Kid macrumors 68040

Analog Kid

Let me get this right... You're 13. You're designing a web browser. Your father won't kick down $10 for you to share it with the world...

Have you pointed him to your announcement thread? Has he seen the reviews you've gotten for what you've done so far? I don't like giving my credit card details to half these places either, but for another $10 you could probably sign up with someplace reputable enough to actually encrypt their database...

6. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

You said you will have money after Christmas, so wait 2 weeks and get a domain name. good luck :)

EDIT: BTW, I'm using your browser now and its at least 3X FASTER, maybe 4X faster than Safari. Great Job! I normally surf using tabs, but I'm going to use your browser exclusively for Macrumors (where I never use tabs) because its just so fast.

7. tominated thread starter macrumors 68000

tominated

wow! i am currently trying to put tabs in and getting downloads to work

8. tominated thread starter macrumors 68000

tominated

that's true. i guess if he paid for me to get the ub version of halo (and he hates gn games) he'll probably pay for a domain

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sorry, we don't allow soliciting of donations. We'll have to close the thread by policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.