Is Splinter Cell playable on a MacBook?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Scarlet Fever, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I installed Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow on my MacBook via Bootcamp, and the menus were jumping all over the place. I couldnt even get into the game, the menus were so bad. Am I doing something wrong, or am I expecting too much from the integrated GPU?

My XP partition is 10GB and i still have ~5GB remaining. I have 1.25GB (1GB + 256MB) of certified and fully operational RAM. No other apps were running at the time, and im not connected to the internet on XP (i cant be stuffed putting AV stuff on, so i dont take the risk of opening it up to the world).

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Hmm. You're not using dual-channel RAM – without it the GMA950 sucks. That's one thing you might want to fix.

3. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

i would say its a bug or compatibilty issue or even an install issue. try reinstalling it and see if that works.

the game should work on a macbook though. i can run the COD2 demo well (albeit not on the high graphic settings) so SC: PT should def be able to run. that game isnt too graphic intensive.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Have you patched the game to the latest version?

5. benyaimin macrumors member

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Yeah, the Xbox version is good. Plus it's compatible with the X360.

7. Scarlet Fever thread starter macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

XBOX isnt really an option. Im not a big gamer, so an xbox wouldn't be a great way for me to spend money. Id rather put it towards a MacPro and put a new GPU in. My TV is shoddy, anyways.

no, but i will now.

Thanks for all the replies. Ill try to get another gig soon, but im pretty tight for cash at the moment.

8. dayos_x macrumors newbie

It's the Intel video. You'll find a lot more problems with the chipset down the road, due to inadequate drivers and other problems. That's why MacBook is really not suitable for games.