Is StarCraft compatible?

Discussion in 'Games' started by mthaker, Sep 9, 2006.

1. mthaker macrumors newbie

Hi all, I just bought my very first Mac two days ago, and I am trying to install Blizzard's StarCraft. I have original CDs (not bootleg burned copies), but the installation doesn't seem to work on my Mac. I have a 2.0gHz MacBook (Intel Core Duo).

Is StarCraft not compatible with Intel-based Macs? Is there something I need to do?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

3. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

are you sure your disk is even a Mac version? i only ask b/c you said this was your first Mac. if it's a Windows-only disk you can install Windows and run it under Parallels. that's what i've been doing for some old Windows games. works just fine.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The version of Starcraft provided on the CD is not compatible with Intel Macs, you'll need to use the special installer that dreamsINdigital posted. This will copy the data files from the CD, but use an updated application file that comes included with the new installer.

5. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Not sure if your fix will work, but - Starcraft does work with OS X. I was able to put in the CD and install it on my PB. Then again, your fix might be useful for Intel Macs.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

On an Intel system you need the updated installer, because the CD version is for OS 9/Classic (which doesn't run on Intel).