Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Sim lock often not working

HDR and other special camera modes not working with a broken / touch to focus in the camera

etc....

Interesting, do you have a source on these? I can't find anything googling this aside from the SD card issue.

Sim lock may very well have an issue, never touched it.

I can be ignorant on cameras, but all the modes appear to be working, panorama, photosphere, touch to focus, hdr appears to work (the option is at least able to be enabled)..I installed the moto X camera as well and the special modes there don't appear to work (touch to focus may be a little weird here, but seems to work when enabled), for whatever that is worth. Touchwiz camera is certainly best of the bunch.

This is all news to me :)

If anyone asks me, the main pain in the ass about the S4 GE is SD card support, but hey, at least there is sd card support.

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Interesting, do you have a source on these? I can't find anything googling this aside from the SD card issue.

Sim lock may very well have an issue, never touched it.

I can be ignorant on cameras, but all the modes appear to be working, panorama, photosphere, touch to focus, hdr appears to work (the option is at least able to be enabled)..I installed the moto X camera as well and the special modes there don't appear to work (touch to focus may be a little weird here, but seems to work when enabled), for whatever that is worth. Touchwiz camera is certainly best of the bunch.

This is all news to me :)

If anyone asks me, the main pain in the ass about the S4 GE is SD card support, but hey, at least there is sd card support.

You can enable the modes but when you tap to focus it (the focus ring) doesn't do the normal thing of going red to green (or is it green to red) it just goes straight to supposedly focussed but it doesn't adjust anything. You can still take HDR shots but they have a tendency to have a higher chance of blurred shots.

Same for the other modes.

Its reported a lot in XDA forums regarding 4.3 roms and can't be fixed as its in the actual 4.3 stock rom. 4.2.2 didn't have the issue.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
You can enable the modes but when you tap to focus it (the focus ring) doesn't do the normal thing of going red to green (or is it green to red) it just goes straight to supposedly focussed but it doesn't adjust anything. You can still take HDR shots but they have a tendency to have a higher chance of blurred shots.

Same for the other modes.

Its reported a lot in XDA forums regarding 4.3 roms and can't be fixed as its in the actual 4.3 stock rom. 4.2.2 didn't have the issue.
Interesting, I've never seen that mentioned in the i9505g forums. Admittidtly I Dont read much of the other variant forums. Are you saying that I shouldnt be getting a green ring after tap to focus? It will stay red in certain conditions but I can definitely get it to go green and the image appears to focus. It never occurred to me that there was a problem.

There are definitely problems that exist on GE Roms that Dont seem to show on real i9505g, I'm not saying such is the case here as I am no expert on the camera software but I found this guys comment interesting.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46296360&postcount=25

Last edited:

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
While I love the Note 3. There's just so much crap on the device from Samsung and AT&T. Stuff that you can't even disable. Planning on giving the Nexus 5 a try when it comes out to see if stock is something I'd consider.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.