Is That What I Think It Is (Again)??

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by redAPPLE, Mar 23, 2004.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Hmmm... I tought it was at first, but when you click on the pic, it gets you there:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp

On this pic, you see it slightly at an angle. The top of the screen looks rounded ant there is a lighter colored piece of something on the side edge, toward the top.

So basically... I don't think so.

It's harder to differenciate these days. Before Apple introduced the powerbooks, 99% of PC laptops were black. Now, everyone's trying to build cool looking laptops, ususally with limited success.

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

i dunno... it could be a plastic box for all we know. you can hardly see the thing. and does it matter? it's not like microsoft took that picture... it's a stock image from some design agency anyway, no?

3. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Chances are that you're right. Remember the pic of the girl on MS's website that switched from mac to windows? They got it from imagebank.com. That was funny. I wonder, usually, wealthy companies tend to set-up their own photo-shoot when they need pics for their corporate image. Or at least, they buy ALL the rights to a pic so it's not used elsewhere.

(Nota: At least this time I can't find their pic on imagebank. Maybe they learned from their mistakes)

Wow! Lot's of Apple products on imagebank.com. Just try making a search for laptops. Apple might only have a 3% marketshare but they sure do have a larger mindshare.

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Who cares, really?

Microsoft is a SOFTWARE company and does write software for the Mac OS so why not have a powerbook image on their site? Looks tons better than a black brick or beige box. I don't see what the excitement is all about.

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

You're missing the point. It's for the thrill of the hunt ^_^. And I guess you cared enough to reply. Don't be a party pooper. ;-p

6. MacBoyX macrumors 6502

MacBoyX

A Bit off Topic...

A bit off topic but relevant none the less, I see adverts on TV all the time for Comcast Cable Modem, and they have no fewer than 3 Macs (an iMac (old but still an iMac)) a powerbook, an iBook in their commerical and the picture on their "self install kit" has an OS 9 dialog box, but when the techincian comes into my house, he looks at my Macs and goes...oh we don't support anything but Windows!

Freaks me out, that's why i keep my POS PC box around...

macboyX

7. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

Well if anyone wanted to do an acurate poll (outside of Mac Forums) you'd find out that about 90% of all PC commercials are manufactured on Apple equipment :)
    Having been in the trade I see it all the time. MacWorld even ran a feature article about it a few years back, and I've seen others.

8. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Not really. The PowerBooks are sexy laptops compared to other devices consequently you see them in just about every ad on TV, in the movies, etc. Unfortunately to the average person no one knows that it's an apple. They just see this sexy laptop. The most recent example of the PowerBook in ads I've see has been Direct TV's ad for their satellite internet solution called directway. They have a nice 17" Powerbook on a platform as they talk about the benefits of satellite internet. It’s a nice, appleish type ad with a white background.