Is the age of free apple expo software over?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mox358, Jan 26, 2005.

1. mox358 macrumors 6502

May 22, 2002
    Preface : I'm not complaining about apple charging for its apps... i know they have to make money, and i do pay for my apps (even have the boxes to prove it :D )

All I'm asking is do you think apple has anymore of their little "surprise apps" that we used to get at expos? The first keynote i remember steve jobs unveiled itunes... downloadable immediately for free. then there was iphoto... after that ical, isync... safari... the ichat beta... etc...

i love ilife, i've bought every version. its worth it. i hoped and prayed apple would release iwork... they did... hell i guessed they would charge 149 for it... i was willing to pay it. i guess i just miss steve introducing these cool apps... and saying "available today from for free." It was like a little present every expo... even if we did have to pay for them a few revisions later. Immediate gratification. Just miss it... just wondering if the members thought it was all over, or if maybe we'll see some cool new apps for tiger released "for free, downloadable today, from" in the future.

p.s. - forgive me if i sound like i'm complaining, i'm not trying to come across that way
  2. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2004
    American living in Canada
    Free stuff eh, I'd pay the money to go, if I had it :D