Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Semester

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
The biggest letdown for me with iOS6 wasn't the maps. No, it was the app store. It still had a great selection of apps, bigger than ever actually. But compared to iOS5 the app store was slow. Actually, it was slow compared to almost anything. On my iPad 3 I have to wait up to 15 seconds for the app to load. And every new screen I go to in the app takes another 5+ seconds.

To me this is just mindboggling and I can't understand why it wasn't fixed in iOS 6.1. It has honestly made me visit the app store a lot less which is unfortunate for both me, the developer community and Apple. Less good apps for me, less revenue for Apple and it's developers.

Anyways, have the speed of the App store app become any better in iOS7?

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I was just going to post that the App Store seems, at least so far to me, to be faster. In the past week or so I've had a few 'Timed Out' errors yet this morning, there were 4 updates, and they were done before I could check them... App updates has always been a groaning experience, but in this limited test, it seems to be much faster...

Maybe I'm dreaming...

Semester

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
I was just going to post that the App Store seems, at least so far to me, to be faster. In the past week or so I've had a few 'Timed Out' errors yet this morning, there were 4 updates, and they were done before I could check them... App updates has always been a groaning experience, but in this limited test, it seems to be much faster...

Maybe I'm dreaming...

I think I should clarify that I'm not talking about download speeds. I'm referring to the "snappiness" of the app. How long it takes to load a screen and if there is a lag when scrolling. With iOS 6 there is a long load time and apparent lag when you scroll in the app.

I'm curious if these issues have been fixed in iOS 7?

----------

I can confirm it is snappier than the Appstore in iOS 6. :D

Hmm, is this a serious answer?

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
AppStore is much faster than in iOS 6.

It'll probably get even better over the beta testing period as the overall performance of iOS 7 improves.

Soundflunky

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2012
It's now like a fast website instead of a slow one. Even on Edge it loads very quickly. Still feels like a webapp though.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK

Attachments

• image- (1).png
    image- (1).png
    296 KB · Views: 101
  • image2 (1).png
    image2 (1).png
    456 KB · Views: 90
  • image3 (1).png
    image3 (1).png
    300 KB · Views: 93

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
It's basically the same, but with a redesign... The essence is the same, it's not better to find apps or anything like that.

The search is much quicker and results appear almost instantly. I found navigating and downloading was much quicker. Love the new download animation.

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
It feels about the same as iOS 6 (iPod touch 5th gen). That was slow loading and laggy in places.

The only obvious change is in the Purchased area of the Updates tab. That loads much quicker, but is more laggy when scrolling.

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
The search is much quicker and results appear almost instantly. I found navigating and downloading was much quicker. Love the new download animation.

Yes, i agree with that. What I said was about finding new apps. Like opening the store and something cool appears. There's a lot of apps on the App Store, and find one from a small developer is not easy.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I think I should clarify that I'm not talking about download speeds. I'm referring to the "snappiness" of the app. How long it takes to load a screen and if there is a lag when scrolling. With iOS 6 there is a long load time and apparent lag when you scroll in the app.

I'm curious if these issues have been fixed in iOS 7?

Gotcha... It's a sore point for many I'm sure. And the App Store just timed out twice on my this morning. *sigh* It's in integral part of the OS and having it behave like a beached whale is just so endearing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.