Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thechungster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
My situation is that I want a case for my iPad so I can slip it into my shoulder bag or just grab it and put it under my arm for carrying. I only intend to use this for when I'm out and about and don't intend to use it at home. I currently have two options. The Apple iPad case, and the DODOcase. I've heard that the Apple case is hard in getting the iPad out, but does this go away after time? Also I've heard that it gets quite dirty and picks up dirt, dust etc quite quickly. Will this be like an instant thing I will notice since I will hate it if I have to clean it every single minute I touch it.

Thanks for reading.

jkrutch

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2008
My situation is that I want a case for my iPad so I can slip it into my shoulder bag or just grab it and put it under my arm for carrying. I only intend to use this for when I'm out and about and don't intend to use it at home. I currently have two options. The Apple iPad case, and the DODOcase. I've heard that the Apple case is hard in getting the iPad out, but does this go away after time? Also I've heard that it gets quite dirty and picks up dirt, dust etc quite quickly. Will this be like an instant thing I will notice since I will hate it if I have to clean it every single minute I touch it.

Thanks for reading.

The Apple case is the best case so far. It cleans up in seconds despite the griping on here. A damp microfiber cloth and it looks brand new. It is not for removing the iPad on a consistent basis however. It does offer great protection for scratches. It is not good if you drop the iPad. Hope this helps.

touchmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
The Apple case is the best case so far. It cleans up in seconds despite the griping on here. A damp microfiber cloth and it looks brand new. It is not for removing the iPad on a consistent basis however. It does offer great protection for scratches. It is not good if you drop the iPad. Hope this helps.
Another good thing about it is the much criticized edge.
A simple but effective "bumper".
imho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.