Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikeekam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2015
Hello
I wonder if the Apple leather is made from a real leather ??? (which animal if so ?!)

I torn if buy the midnight blue or the gray rose, I saw the gray rose on a friend's phone and it's all really dirty and scratches after only 4 days ...
i'm vegetarian so .. I hope you have an answer to this issue

thanks!

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011

Mikeekam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2015
Are you going to eat the case? If you were vegan it would matter if it was real leather but why the specific animal? An animal product is an animal product.

Apple doesn't disclose the details. All they say is that it is "tanned and finished European leather".
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MKXW2ZM/A/iphone-6s-leather-case-black?fnode=99

NO, It does not really matter which animal...
Just wanted to know if its a real leather,
Thanks for the replies i'll choose the Silicone

Mikeekam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2015
I bought the silicone case yesterday is it just me or the case is bulky?
there is a lip that keeps the screen looks bulky, already has some dust between the case to screen.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I bought the silicone case yesterday is it just me or the case is bulky?
there is a lip that keeps the screen looks bulky, already has some dust between the case to screen.
The topic of this thread is the leather cases. There are other threads that discuss the silicone cases. You may have more luck discussing them there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.