Is the ethernet adaptor in the box?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by goMac, Dec 14, 2011.

1. macrumors 603

So I'm looking here at a Macbook Air that I got as a gift for a family member. I ordered the ethernet adaptor with it, but the only thing I got is a Macbook Air box. Is the ethernet adaptor in there too? The place where it's going to be opened on Christmas doesn't have wifi, and account migration from the old machine is going to be over ethernet.

2. macrumors P6

Intell

3. macrumors 6502

doesn't come in the standard box, so you should have another delivery on the way

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Accessories you order typically come in separate boxes, not in the same box as your Mac. They often come from different places.

5. macrumors demi-god

I don't know if they currently do this still, but when I ordered the first generation Air from the Apple Store (online), I also purchased the ethernet adapter and it came inside the Air's box, which I'd never seen done before.

6. thread starter macrumors 603

Looking at the online order, it's listing it all as one item, and saying it's delivered.

"MacBook Air 13-inch with Intel Core i7 processor and USB Ethernet Adapter"

7. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Call Apple.

8. macrumors 6502

Good advice. I'm sure they will have better info to answer questions about your order than we will here!

9. 2IS
    macrumors 68030

When I ordered my MBA with an ethernet adaptor it did not come in a seperate box, it was packaged inside the MBA box itself, this was an order placed through apples website.

That said, I also expected it to be in a seperate package so I called and they sent me another. Wasn't till later that I found it. Good thing too becuase I promptly lost one of them.

10. thread starter macrumors 603

Thanks. I think I'm going to trust in Apple with this one. When I enter the part number on the box into Google, it comes back as a 13" Macbook Air with Ethernet adaptor, so I think it's in the box.

11. thread starter macrumors 603

FYI, the adaptor was in the box. Dad is happily transferring from his old iBook right now. :)