is the G5 in development?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by cb911, Mar 20, 2002.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

no new TiBook at MW Tokyo, so looks like we'll be waiting until MW New York. i was wondering if the G5 is still in development or testing, does anyone know if there is a chance we will see it at MWNY?

also, if the G5 is introduced into the PowerMac line, this means they'll have to put something a bit faster in the TiBook, right? so does anyone know, or have a very strong feeling about a faster TiBook at MWNY? would it be worth waiting ?

2. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

It's hard to say anything without being an Apple insider... but it would seem to me that MacWorld NYC would be a good place to refresh every line in one way or another.

-Speed bumps for the Ti/iBooks and the iMac.
    -A serious speed bump for the G4 (possibly naming it "G5") with a new enclosure
    -iPod drops $50 from the cost of both models (?)

3. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

come on all you Apple insiders! just let me know if i should wait until MWNY!!:D :D

all you have to say is that you 'have a fairly strong feeling that TiBooks will be released at NY.'

help give a confused and deluded ex-PC user a bit of hope!

4. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

ok fine there will be a new TiBook definately by this July is not sonner. Don't look for a faster G4+ or a G5 until at least MWNY. I think the iMac will not have significant change and I don't really care about the iBooks to venture an opinion on them. Ehh why not.....the'll stick with the G3 processor and go up to 600MHZ and 700MHZ, with more ram and maybe bigger hard drives.

5. germanknee macrumors member

mwny jul 02 - MPC7470 (faster g4) w/ faster bus and ddr
    mwsf jan 03 - MPC7500 (g5) rapidIO and ddr.

as for powerbooks, i think we might see a revision in between now and mwny. maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

check out some of the other threads, we've already discussed this matter in great detail: even down to the naming schemes of moto, ibm, and apple.