Is the ibook good for my surfing needs

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by therealdt, Nov 14, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Oct 4, 2008
    northeast region
    I've been thinking of going refurb for a MB, or even a MBP. My needs are surfing, itunes, i run firefox, and occasional blogging. What would be the best route shell out 849-1,349 for more than what I need, or stay frugal.

I have limited experience with the MB, I dabble with FCP, other than that I've been a PC.

2. macrumors 601

Sep 16, 2007
    Northeastern Ohio
    A late iBook G4 would suit your surfing needs perfectly. I'd get the 12" 1.33ghz model unless you want a 14" as those came with a 1.42ghz processor. But if you need some power, a Macbook or MBP would suit you better. But for $300 can get you a nice iBook that is just fine for surfing/blogging.
  3. macrumors 65816

May 9, 2008
    My girlfriend loved her 12" iBook and she had similar requirements as you. But when it broke, we got her a refurb white MacBook. We thought of spending a few hundred on an iBook, but a MacBook is more power for the money, and seems like a better investment.
  4. macrumors 68040

Sep 28, 2008
    Def look at the >1ghz models with >512MB ram...

I have/had an 800mhz/640MB RAM G4 iBook, and it became VERY slow with internet browsing, especially when there was complicated embedded Flash or videos.