Is the iCurve the best looking "display" stand?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by PaRaGoNViCtiM, Jul 18, 2005.

1. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

I have a 15' 1.5GHz Powerbook, with a Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard on the way, I need an awesome display stand for my Powerbook (I have no external monitor.) What do you guys recommend? I constantly hear about the iCurve, and while it is very nice, I was just wondering if there is anything nicer?

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

The iCurve is pretty sweet.

I keep my PowerBook on a MacAlly IceStand, which sits on top of a VCR, on top of a filing cabinet, on top of a desk. Sometimes, when I have.. misplaced... my icestand, I use a TRIVET instead. I'm so classy.

I haven't seen any other stands that look nicer than the iCurve. Get one. They're pretty. :) :)

3. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

iCurve is the best looking so far of all the ones I've seen. And amazingly, it's pretty sturdy too. You wouldn't think that just looking at it.

4. After G macrumors 68000

After G

I like the iBreeze personally. The iCurve put my notebook a little too high on my desk for me. Plus the iBreeze is clear, so it's almost like it's not there. Looks best to me with the 12" Apple notebooks though, the larger ones making it not look so good in my opinion.

5. Sox macrumors regular

I'm a fan of the iLap, from Rain Design. It's aluminum, so it matches my PowerBook perfectly, and it keeps the fans noticeably quieter. I chose it over the iCurve for the ability to use either the PB keyboard ora BT/USB external keyboard. When I'm at home, the Book is always on it, and it's perfect for lounging on the couch.

6. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

I would suggest the iLap as well. Even though I don't own one, I'm am definately looking into one, and this seems to be the best as aids your (power/i)Book when using it on your lap, not just on a desk. I also think, IMO, that the iCurve does not look 'good', however these are my own thoughts, and I have not used the products, so can not inform you on what are like, but with the research I've done, I'm heading towards an iLap.

::20ROGERSC::

7. PaRaGoNViCtiM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does anyone have a pic of what the iLap looks like on a desk with the mac in it? That would make my decision.

8. evilernie macrumors 6502

evilernie

9. dm33186 macrumors member

personally i am looking onto the koolsink myself as it is deisgned with the powerbooks in mind, sizes to fit each and they are made of aluminum.

10. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I love the icurve. I don't need all those extra fans and such. Plus my LaCie fits right under it nicely.

12. iQuit macrumors 6502a

iQuit

To answer your question....it is the best LOOKING stand. I have heard good things about the iLap though but I am really looking for a stand that has mini fans in it to cool it off, any help?