iPad mini Is the iPad Mini 2 coming out soon?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by l0gikb0mb, Feb 8, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any rumours of a new ipad mini coming out soon that have some substance to them. I just got a mini and its fantastic but if one is a month away, I obviously would rather wait.

2. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Current rumors are saying october i think. So enjoy what you have. Though of course nobody here really KNOWS anything about release date.

3. macrumors 68030

Spink10

4. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Just enjoy what you have until the new ones are announced. I don't think a new mini will come until the fall.

5. macrumors 6502

6. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys.

And I know no one will know when exactly here, but I was just curious if any rumour sources that were previously right said anything about March or sooner.

Looks like I'm keeping this mini though! Loving it.

7. Guest

There is no way to tell.

If you play this game you'll always be waiting for the next new thing and never, every be happy in the now.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

There is a big difference if the new model came out next month compared to October. If it's not coming out so soon, I couldn't care less.

9. Guest

The problem is that you dont know when it will come out, so how can it be any different?

Guessing is for fools. Play by the facts only

10. macrumors regular

July at the very earliest. Most likely October though.

11. macrumors 68000

Probably October announce, November release

I'm getting an iPad mini soon if that's the case and upgrade later

12. macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

Me too! I think I will wait for the 1st. of March just in case. :D

13. macrumors regular

Best buy lets you return within 30 days, so get it mid feb and then if the new mini comes out early march you can take back mini 1 and upgrade to mini 2.

Or you can wait to see in march and buy one at the end of march and save up til October to buy another mini, and you can keep, give, or sell the first mini.

14. macrumors 68020

Should I wait for the iPad mini 2 or the iPad mini 3?

15. macrumors 6502a

adnoh

Wait for the 4, i hear there will be a new dock connector the size of a needle.

16. macrumors 6502

By that time there will be wireless charging and synch, and no dock connector.

17. macrumors regular

XD (OP you can set a google alert for iPAd Mini 2 and get a link to every rumour on the Internet delivered to you).

18. thread starter macrumors regular

It would be silly not to try and find out if a replacement is coming so soon after I bought it.

It's stupid wanting to have the latest and greatest always, but it's even more stupid to buy something without knowing that a successor could come out the next month with a major upgrade (which seems to not be the case - which is why I made this thread to ask :))

I'm not planning to buy another one for ~2-3 years.

19. macrumors regular

True that would be silly. If you set a google alert you will stay on top of the progress. Started one late Sept. last year for the Mini, and was prepared. And the rumours were fun to read. My guess for what it's worth is that it is going to be Nov. again. In time for Xmas.

20. macrumors 6502

It's coming out tomorrow, Apple just announced it.

21. macrumors 6502

So is the iWatch. I read it on the Internet so it must be true.

22. macrumors 68030

Actually, if you were concerned about a replacement coming "soon" it would have been a good idea to do so before you bought it. However, you're in the same boat as the rest of the consuming world and you'll find out about "when" at the same time everyone else learns about it.

23. macrumors G3

No.......... Yes.......... Maybe

No upadte will come without a keynote event, so if Apple hasn't reserved a location there won't be an update.

24. macrumors 65832

SR45

Agree that no one knows on this or other forums when the new mini will come out, BUT....saying "how can it be any different" comment, does not make any sense. Any new Apple product will be different in a number of ways, and Apple will never just release another upgrade that is the SAME as the previous model.... Period. We just hope that it will have a better screen, better CPU, perhaps a better iOS and SIRI. ;)

25. macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Will there ever be an iPad Mini 2? Or the New iPad Mini or perhaps iPad Mini with Retina Display (2nd generation).