Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you happy with your Mighty Mouse?

• im happy with mine

Votes: 63 63.0%
  • not impressed

Votes: 37 37.0%

• Total voters

JoeKarame

macrumors regular
May 2, 2005
ezekielrage_99 said:
The Mighty Mouse just sucks.

1) The Scroller Ball is frustrating and hard ever works.
2) The ergonomics in the design sucks.
3) Left and Right buttons hardly works as they should.

Buy a Logitech Mouse

Thing is though that I could argue the complete opposite on all those points. I certainly think the ergonomics work fantastically for my hands, and as for the left/right buttons - there's certainly a knack to getting working at first, but once you do it's all good.

I'll most definitely be buying a BT one soon!

JackSYi

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Its solid. I occasionally get a right click when I want a left click. But overall, its all good.

Minkintosh

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2004
Claremont, CA
I love my MM. I used to like the logitech mice, but I have really grown to like the feel of the Apple mice. It took some getting used to, but I really enjoy the Apple mice over the others.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I hated my MM, I went through two of them and they both would periodically detect left clicks as right clicks. I've gone back to my trusty MS Wheel Mouse Optical :)

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
My BT Mighty Mouse is everything I expected it to be. It's very responsive and slick.

I love the scroll nipple and the left and right click perform just as they should.

This was worth the wait for me :)

z00y0rk

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2006
Long Island , New York. USA
ezekielrage_99 said:

Buy a Logitech Mouse

I completely agree. People say they like the Logitech mice but I'm happy with my Kensington mouse :)

newmaccanada

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2005
z00y0rk said:
I completely agree. People say they like the Logitech mice but I'm happy with my Kensington mouse :)
Just replaced my MM with a Logitech. After 9 months using this thing, the last one doing heavy work on an project that involeved a lot of mouse work, I am experiencing carpal tunnel and arthritus in my right wrist and fingers. With the Logitech, symptoms immediately improved, but haven't diappeared.

It's sad, because I like the MM from a design standpoint. Looks great with my intel imac. But moving my wrist and fingers is more important.

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
Ok heres my review, I liked the wired took a little getting use to and breaking in but overall a really nice mouse. I have two one for home and one for work. Very Dependable the roller ball does get gunked up at times but turning the mighty mouse over and rubbing the ball on a piece of paper does the trick.. So for the Standard MM i like it alot. Now on to the BT version I was abit excited on the release so i went and picked one up as soon as the store had them in stock. The price i do admit should be lowerd 10$. Thats why i used my student discount and got 10% off but still 59 looks better than 69 on a mouse. Very responsive not jumpy like the stand bt pro mouse. I would say with 2 AA it is Heavier than the standard mighty mouse but not as heavy as the BT Pro Mouse. I went with the one battery config cause of the weight issue and it feels equal to the weight of the wired version. Only one complaint i have in the Bluetooth setting under system prefrences the mighty mouse's battery doesnt appear on the meter like my BT Keyboard does? anyone else have this problem..

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Reserving full judgment till I ty the wireless mighty mouse BUT!!

The wired one sucks donkey balls in a cheap bordello.

Seriously try playing a game that requires you to press right button and then the left. Impossible. You cant have both together it's one or the other.

I hate the way expose pops up as soon as you grip it with any kind of force...

But I did like the scroll device.

I'd buy a decent laser mouse but most of them are right handed designed these days which really pisses me off....

xyian

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2004
PDX
It's a mouse, what more could you ask of it?
I guess I don't expect much from a mouse. If I
did, I'd probably have a Wacom tablet. It scrolls,
it clicks, and sometimes the side pressure buttons
get on my nerves, but it does what it needs to.
It's better than the original Apple mouse.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
ezekielrage_99 said:

If it's that bad, it's probably broken. Take it back and make them give you a new one.

Navintar

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2006
California
Send a message via AIM to joshwest Send a message via Yahoo to joshwest

Ok heres my review, I liked the wired took a little getting use to and breaking in but overall a really nice mouse. I have two one for home and one for work. Very Dependable the roller ball does get gunked up at times but turning the mighty mouse over and rubbing the ball on a piece of paper does the trick.. So for the Standard MM i like it alot. Now on to the BT version I was abit excited on the release so i went and picked one up as soon as the store had them in stock. The price i do admit should be lowerd 10$. Thats why i used my student discount and got 10% off but still 59 looks better than 69 on a mouse. Very responsive not jumpy like the stand bt pro mouse. I would say with 2 AA it is Heavier than the standard mighty mouse but not as heavy as the BT Pro Mouse. I went with the one battery config cause of the weight issue and it feels equal to the weight of the wired version. Only one complaint i have in the Bluetooth setting under system prefrences the mighty mouse's battery doesnt appear on the meter like my BT Keyboard does? anyone else have this problem..

It should.. Mine does.

ironic23

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
joshwest said:

So you got an edu discount on the mouse? I didn't get one when i bought it online in the applestore.

chasemac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2005
In a house.
I had bought the wired Mighty Mouse and after using it for a few weeks I gave up. The main problem I had was the tracking it had. The pointer would suddenly jump across a page with sudden movements. I guess my desk was not compatible with it. I did like the track ball feature but the right and left clicking is frustrating. I bought the Logitech MX1000 and its the best mouse I have ever used. Apple should have put the laser tracking in the orginal Mighty Mouse to begin with. To me it is the worst product they have released in
recent years.

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
ironic23 said:
So you got an edu discount on the mouse? I didn't get one when i bought it online in the applestore.

Call the 800 and see if they can reinburse or go to apple store and return it and get the discount.

funkychunkz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
ezekielrage_99 said:

Buy a Logitech Mouse
or a microsoft mouse, quite honestly apple sucks at making mice. They should bundle macs with logitech/ms mice.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
it looks like people tend to like it more than not...

Thanks all for the input. im going to an Applecentre today (because my macbook is shutting down on me... AGAIN) and ill have a try of one there.

It looks like logitech are popular... can someone link me up to a bluetooth mouse of theirs?

funkychunkz said:
or a microsoft mouse, quite honestly apple sucks at making mice. They should bundle macs with logitech/ms mice.

not sure how popular Apple will be if they start bundling MS mice with their comps... didnt apple bundle logitech mice for a while?

SC68Cal

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
I was sold on the MM the minute I tried my roomate's. I've been holding out for a BT version, and now I've run out of excuses.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I tried to like the MM (wired one); but, I was not able to do so simply because of its quirks. I ended up hitting the center button when I intended to hit left or right button. Also, the lack of back and forward button for web browsing is a major turn off for me. So, my MM was demoted as the back up mouse in an event all of my several mice become inoperable.

I was looking for a wireless mouse for my 12" PB (I am using Logitech wired MX 510) as the wire is getting in my way as I keep so many stuff on my computer desk. I already have several mice (MX1000, MX900 BT, Logitech V500, Logitech BT V250, MS InteliMouse, MS Laser InteliMouse) and I just feel MM's shape is not ergonomically made and it is rather tuned for aesthetics. By reading some reviews, the basic functions are very similar to the wired MM except for BT one is wireless and employs the laser tracking instead of generic optics.

So, I think I need to get another Logitech wireless mouse (maybe another MX1000 or MX900).

LPCx

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2006
I might be a bit late replying but yup it's a good mouse. I have the wireless one here, and it's exactly what I expected :D. Worth the cash deffo.

Only one small downer is that right click isn't perfect every time, ie. your left click finger has to be clear of the mouse and sometimes I miss the target for the right click. But I'm getting better at it the more I use it :).

tobio

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2004
London
joshwest said:
... Only one complaint i have in the Bluetooth setting under system prefrences the mighty mouse's battery doesnt appear on the meter like my BT Keyboard does? anyone else have this problem..

You need to install the driver disk that comes with it and reboot.

I didn't really like the wired one, but I tried out and bought the BT version and I love it so far. Laser tracking is just awesome compared to optical, and I haven't mis-clicked anything, or accidentally set off expose yet.

Even if I went and turned off all the features and used it in one button with scroll nipple mode, it would still be a great mouse for me because of the laser tracking alone.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Interestingly after I gave my first Mighty Mouse the panning that it deserved, the replacement Mighty Mouse is a lot better. The mouse click is more "kerlick' than 'kerplunkdoing', the side buttons don't activate the moment your fingers go near and it seems to be doing a better job of detecting right and left click. It's almost like a different mouse.

As with seemingly anything Apple these days, it seems that Quality Control is pretty much a crap shoot and you may get a good one or not. Mine may be better now, but I'll be keeping an eye on it to see how long it holds out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.