Is the Real Wolrd Like This?

Discussion in 'Community' started by CubaTBird, Aug 9, 2004.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

"It's almost like they don't need our helpdesk for software problems"

IT helpdesks all over the world would have to disagree somewhat :rolleyes:

It's ideaistic bull, but it's a sales pitch, pure and simple. And as with any sales pitch, always to be taken with a pinch (or bucket full0 of salt ;).

3. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

4. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-CubaTBird

Well, read between the lines a bit here. The real world is indeed like that, having to separate Fact from Marketing from Fiction - there is a difference. Marketing is spin, emphasising certain facts over others to sell you on a product or opinion.

Marketing can't lie - well, in the States they can't, that's called false advertising and is a misrepresentation. But they can spin so far as to knock on the door of lying. It's up to you to research the facts that they used to support such Marketing.

What's my point? The real world is full of people spinning. The most I see is at work, a coworker spinning to convince you of something. And Everybody does it - including me.

I'm spinning now to convince you that what I am saying has merit. The real world is you having to decide to believe in me or not - or the real noodle-burner is to cherrypick parts of what I'm saying.

Your head hurt yet?

5. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

i know kung foo

so... i am the one oracle???? lol, jp.. yea i see what ur sayin :eek: