Is The Sims 2 Worth It?(Mac)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Steve Jobless, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

May 31, 2006
    $50 is alot of money for a game, but finding it on amazon for $40 makes it a little better , has anyone regretted buying the game?
  2. Steve Jobless thread starter macrumors 6502

May 31, 2006
    bump, I know people here own it.

also are there expansion packs?
  3. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    Yes, there are expansion packs.

I'm not sure anyone can answer this for you, not knowing you and not knowing if you like the Sims-style games.

Assuming you have a phat enough Mac it runs fine. Mac games are typically more expensive than their PC counterparts for a number of reasons, including but not limited to; licensing costs, porting costs, support costs, lower demand, etc.

I beta'd for the Mac version and liked it initially, but eventually got very tired of it as I do in all Sims games.
  4. Steve Jobless thread starter macrumors 6502

May 31, 2006
    I have never played the sims but have always wanted to, also I've heard that it is highly regarded.

I like car games, shooters, sports and what not.

I wanted to get Half Life 2 but its so expensive.
  5. ghall macrumors 68040

Jun 27, 2006
    Rhode Island
    It rocks! I love it. I've got all the expansion packs. I say get it.
  6. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    ... it is?! it's only £20 in England, and that's cheap for us. Sims 2 is also £20.
  7. Phishin' it macrumors member

Oct 2, 2006
    where the waves are.....feral brah
    It's so sick, but i recommend the expansions, they make it worth it.
  8. Chone macrumors 65816

Aug 11, 2006
    The Sims 2 is a great game, very addictive and there is just so much to do, its just like a toy and you can play with it in many ways, if you are a creative fellow you'll definitely have some great fun with the sims 2, the expansions make it a lot better but you should be golden with just The Sims 2 and then if you really like the game and want to expand your horizons get the expansions.