Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphone joe

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
NY
I'm obsessed with getting this band. It's a lot of money so i've been holding back. So my question is to all the SS link bracelet owners out there, what do you think? Is it worth it? How is it holding up?

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I'm obsessed with getting this band. It's a lot of money so i've been holding back. So my question is to all the SS link bracelet owners out there, what do you think? Is it worth it? How is it holding up?

It's the main reason I bought the SS model. It compares surprisingly well to my Swiss watch bracelets, and I think it gives the rounded watch case a more angular/futuristic design, which I like.

Alpharaider

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015
I love mine and have had no problems with it. In fact today I've had it for 3 months with no issue.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 1,130

fania123

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2015
It's a must! I bought mine with the Milanese and I really like it but nothing compares to the link. Get it I'm sure you won't regret it.

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
I think it's WAAAAAAAAAAY over priced! I think 150 is more of a fair price. I just got the Milanese loop and I think it's great for the price. The most I'd spend on the link is MAYBE 250, not 450

PatrickNSF

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
I went back and forth about whether to buy the Apple band during the summer, but ended up getting the Hoco link bracelet instead to try first. So far, I'm pleasantly surprised by how nice it is. It may be worth a look.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014Q6H08I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

UPDATE: My Hoco link bracelet has come apart twice at the location where the band clips into the lug (which slides into the Watch). Not sure if mine is defective or if it's a design issue, but I'm sending mine back :mad:

Last edited:

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I think it's WAAAAAAAAAAY over priced! I think 150 is more of a fair price. I just got the Milanese loop and I think it's great for the price. The most I'd spend on the link is MAYBE 250, not 450

It probably depends on what you're used to. It compares quite favorably to the bracelets on my Swiss watches, which cost quite a bit more.

Reactions: zetaplus93

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I would try out the Milanese loop first. The link bracelet looks nice, but not $500 nice. I went with the leather loop for my $150 band. Looks pretty nice, is very comfy, very adjustable and no more DINK DINK DINK when I rest my wrists on a desk while typing or writing. But that sport band is still very good for working outside. I got it nice and muddy last month.

Shinigami301

Suspended
Jun 5, 2010
cogito, ergo zoom.
It compares favorably to the bracelets on my stainless Omega watches, all of which cost considerably more. If you care at all about this sort of thing then there's no substitute. If you don't care then the cheap knockoffs are probably good enough.

Reactions: predation

MartinSk

macrumors member
May 3, 2015
I've had mine nearly 2 weeks and I'm very pleased with it. The biggest surprise is how comfortable it is, much better than my Milanese.

The quality of manufacture is so impressive and I'm always sceptical of copycat versions, so I just couldn't bring myself to buy one.

Hopefully it holds up well as being brushed effect means I can't maintain it with my dremel as I do currently with the watch.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    831.8 KB · Views: 670

iphone joe

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
NY
It's the main reason I bought the SS model. It compares surprisingly well to my Swiss watch bracelets, and I think it gives the rounded watch case a more angular/futuristic design, which I like.

How is yours holding up? Do you wear it daily?

bamf-hacker

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
Tried a few replicas and eventually I went with the  Link Bracelet... The quality is far superior to any of the replicas I tried. I don't regret it, even if I only wear it occasionally.

Reactions: ivandr

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
It probably depends on what you're used to. It compares quite favorably to the bracelets on my Swiss watches, which cost quite a bit more.

Yeah that's true. I think it's just me. I wouldn't spend 450 bucks on one, but that doesn't mean it's not worth it. It just means it's not worth it for me :) but from what I've seen, man is it sharp!

Treble

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2013
Manchester UK
Cex in the uk are doing the link for £250 a grade item and I presume it's worth every penny I have the clone £32 delivered and it will suffice until I can afford the real thing
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442530167.852214.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442530177.677350.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442530200.520047.jpg

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
I really want a bracelet now. I nearly had my AW's sport band pop off of my wrist while trying to put on my backpack an hour ago. Somehow the tucked-under part pulled out of the slot and only the pin was holding it together.

I've never had an insecure feeling with my bracelet-ed watches, and haven't felt insecure about the sport band until tonight. I would get by with the mesh, but I'd really rather have the bracelet.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I got a great deal on the marketplace here on a used one and its in beautiful shape and easily my favorite band out of the 9 I have. It is beautifully made and gets head turns all the time at work.

Would I pay full price for it? No and glad I got the deal I did

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Now that it's available seperately, you should consider the space black link bracelet. Combined with the silver stainless steel watch, it's my favourite AW look by far.

View attachment 586064

Damn you. I mean really. I was so satisfied with my stainless Apple link band and the good deal I got and said no more spending for a while. Then you go and post that.

That's slick

Reactions: haruhiko

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Saw one today, SS on SS link bracelet, and remembered that I think it's easily the best-looking style of bracelet for this watch.

I'll put it on my anniversary-Halloween-Christmas list.

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Damn you. I mean really. I was so satisfied with my stainless Apple link band and the good deal I got and said no more spending for a while. Then you go and post that.

That's slick

Tell me about it … :D

Since I have the space black link, my (2) leather loops and (3) sports bands only collect dust most of the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.