is the wack-o-phone enough for a 15in powerbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jenpot, Mar 6, 2005.

1. jenpot macrumors newbie

jenpot

i went down to the crumpler store in soho to check out the messengers bags. i recently bought a 15 in powerbook and have decided to get a crumpler bag. my first choice was the very busy man but it's simply too big for me. i looked at the wack-o-phone and it seemed like the perfect size. i opened it up and the padded sleeve looked like it could fit the 15 inch.

so my question is: does anyone here have a crumpler wack-o-phone that they use with a 15 inch? any problems? is there a decent amount of space left for a traveler coolpad when the powerbook is in the sleeve?

thank you in advance for your answers.

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Look for the item on amazon or some other website to find the specs of the bag. Then you will know if your machine will fit.

3. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

I used a wack-o-phone with my 15 inch powerbook when I had it. It was a close fit, but it worked. I was comfortable with the fit.

4. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

check out timbuk2.com they have great messenger bags and they have laptop sleves or computer/messenger bags designed to FIT the apple line of laptops. ive used one with my old 12" iBook and now 12" PB and it is great!

5. jenpot thread starter macrumors newbie

jenpot

i have...it says it can handle up to a 14.1. but the girl at the store said it would fit and when i opened it...it looked like it did.

i wanted personal opinions and not just specs on a site.

6. jenpot thread starter macrumors newbie

jenpot

i considered getting a timbuk2 messenger, but i find that i like the style of crumpler better. thank you :)

7. jenpot thread starter macrumors newbie

jenpot

exactly the type of answer that i wanted! thank you so much.

oh i meant to ask...is the powerbook in a separate sleeve [waterfield sleevecase] when you put it in the padded sleeve of the wack-o-phone?

8. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

I just put my powerbook directly into the padded sleeve of the wack-o-phone. I don't think that it would fit with another sleeve around it, but I haven't tried.

Really, the fit of the wack-o-phone was perfect for my 15 inch powerbook, my 12" slides around in it now.

That all being said, I love my crumpler bag! It is so well made and also has great pockets. I did take the huge velcro strips off the front of mine though, I got sick of everyone looking at me in my class whenever I opened my bag, it was loud!

9. jenpot thread starter macrumors newbie

jenpot

thank you so much for your helpful replies! yeah the velcro was a bit loud when i was opening it and pretty strong.

ok time to order it.

10. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

Yeah, I haven't had any problems since I took the velcro off though, there are still the slips to hold the front down.

Enjoy your bag!