All iPads Is there a difference between buying direct from apple or another reputable dealer?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BillyHoyle, Nov 17, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2012
    I am thinking of buying one from John Lewis or Sainsbury, if there were any faults with the Ipad will I still be able to take to apple directly?

Are there other things I need to consider?
  2. Macman45, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012

macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    I've always purchased from Apple, but you get the same benefits and warranty if you buy through JL, Tesco Direct etc. I buy direct because I do get a few fringe benefits, but if that wasn't the case I think John Lewis etc. are fine. Can't vouch for the service, but I've bought cases etc. from them before without issue.
  3. macrumors 6502

Nov 16, 2007
    john lewis give you an extra free year of warranty, taking it to two years.
  4. Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    Many people opt for BestBuy because it has a longer return period. If you can get a better deal or service from some other retailer then apple then go for it. I've mostly purchased my stuff from apple because of the level of service or ease of purchase.
  5. macrumors regular

Jan 4, 2011
    I bought my iPad mini from john lewis just purely because of the two years warranty and i be doing the same next year when the next one comes out i buy from john lewis always nice to have a piece of mind that your product is protected if it does break down you in any way.At the end of the day if its not accidental damage and it under the 2 years warranty then you just go and get another straight away with no if or buts and you wont to pay apple a price to get it fixed.

Mine working fine from john lewis at the moment.