is there a dual network card?!?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Dreadnought, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Hi all,

I am searching the web for a piece of equipment and I can't find it. I'm looking for a network card, 10/100, with two ethernetports on it.

This is my situation:
    I have a G5, a G3 B&W and an old Apple personal laserwriter NT that I can hook up to a computer with an ethernet port on it with a Farallon Ethermac iPrint adapter. Also have a cablemodem which connects via ethernet!

This is my idea:
    put the dual network card in my G5 (so it has to be pci x also!) hook my other mac to it and hook my printer on the other ethernet jack. Offcourse the G5 has a build in ethernet port, but this is used by my cablemodem. The G5 will be the "router" and all stuff has to communicate with each other (get on internet with the G3 and also have to print from the G3, same story for the G5)

I tried routers, but they don't get the job done! They can't "talk" to my printer, which uses appletalk. So the dual ethernet has to have two ports which can be individually configured, one with tcp/ip and one with appletalk. Does anyone know if such a product is out there?!? Or a not to expensive router that can do this is also fine!! Thanks alot!

2. Celeron macrumors 6502a

Why not buy 2 $10 network cards from BestBuy?

3. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

4. Dreadnought thread starter macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Thanks guys, don't think the Intel will work, the one from small tree is a bit expensive, but the one from teamasa is the one for me, also says it supports appletalk and already found it for 45 USD.