Is there a (free) blogging platform that would allow multiple authors?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ObsidianBlade, Apr 23, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

See topic. Me and my friend want to co-write a blog together. Partly because I kept forgetting to update mine. But anyway are there any sites that allow this? And if it's not obvious, how?

2. macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

If you want to host it, I'd recommend Worpress. If you don't want to host it, you can always get a free wordpress.com blog. Both allow for extensive customization of your blog, and both for multiple authors.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah unless it's like $5, I'm gonna be going free. I'll look into it right now.

4. macrumors 6502

Joomla is easy to use once you have it all setup

5. macrumors 604

Melrose

Wordpress has a huge community, so finding support, plugins, and good quality themes is easy. You can't go wrong with Wordpress for a blog. Other software may be better used as a CMS, but Wordpress is where it's at if you want to write stuff. CNN and NY Times both use it to power their official blogs.

exactly :D

6. macrumors 68040

0dev

Tumblr.

7. macrumors 68030

Heilage

Wordpress is great for this, and free. :)

8. thread starter macrumors regular

I used Tumblr back like a year or two ago but stopped because I was told and read that it was more of a micro blogging and image/video posting thing as opposed to full blown blog posts. I basically didn't want to do it "wrong".

9. macrumors 68000

I say go with WordPress. It's free, it's everywhere. We use 3 WordPress blogs with their own custom skins and can switch between the 3 and authors seamlessly to supplement our main website. It's a ridiculously easy CMS to use, but it'll give you some points for saying you know how to use it in the future.

10. macrumors 68040

0dev

Tumblr is also used for "proper" blogging, just depends on what you want to do with it.

WordPress is also a solid choice though.

11. macrumors Core

miles01110

Pretty much every free blogging platform allows for multiple authors.

12. thread starter macrumors regular

Ah. I just haven't seen any that have done so. Anyway, which of the two do you prefer? Wordpress is pretty much the winner in my book but I still like being fair and getting everyone's opinions.

13. macrumors 68040

0dev

If you're just going to do text posts, WordPress is likely the best option. If you also want to integrate media, Tumblr is best. Choose which one suits your needs :)