Is there a mac equivalent to streets and trips?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by afields, Jul 10, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

afields

the only thing I know of is route 66 but it seems awfully slow/old compared to streets a trips...:confused:

2. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Good question. However, what exactly do these apps do? If you give a detailed description, this may help prompt someone's memory. :)

Sorry I can't be more helpful. :eek:

3. macrumors G4

It is a bit annoying for people to ask about specific Windows software titles rather the task they want to accomplish on their Macs. Route 66 and Streets and Maps are both GPS navigation applications. To the OP, you may find several GPS titles for MacOS X here.

4. macrumors newbie

5. macrumors 6502a

Ah, yes, Mr Me, but what if you only want mapping, not GPS? Do any of those products contain just a searchable, customizable map? Delorme used to support macs, but no longer does. Their product is excellent, much better than the MS product.

k2nv -- you would have to be on the internet to use Google Earth or Google Maps, what is needed is a software product

6. macrumors 601

stoid

AFAIK, Route 66 is the only product available. And yes.... it does suck.

7. macrumors member

maybe someone can help me..

about a while ago, back when i had pc, i bought a street and tips w/ GPS, and i was wondering if i can use USB GPS that came with that software on my iBook G4, but i obviosly need some other maps software for mac.. so this is what i'm looking..

also, i've tryed google earth it seems that it'd work fine, the only thing is you need to have a internet access, so i dont see how i can use it on the road, plus it doesn't support PHAROS chipset that used by Microsoft GPS .